A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Illamasqua Pristine!!!

Last summer I ordered Illamasqua Pristine from the blog sale of the gorgeous and classy Sonia from Red Lips, Black Hair. She sent me a lovely card with gold embossed corsets on the inside along with my new lipstick! How awesome!! (If you don't follow her blog go and do it!!) I was very excited about this lipstick as it was my first time trying Illamasqua and I had been looking for a high end black lipstick since I missed Black Knight from MAC Style Black a couple of years ago.  I love the packaging and the quality of the lipstick is amazing. This isn't your waxy, sheer, Halloween store black lipstick. It applies smoothly, opaquely, and wears well through my club nights. I barely need to even touch it up!

ILLAMASQUA PRISTINE



THE SWATCH


THE LIP SWATCH



ON MY FACE


I've seen a couple of posts with delicious Illamasqua lipstick colours from from RobynLillian, and Jerry. Check their posts out to see what they thought of the lipsticks. I've only tried one and the formulation seems to vary somewhat between the colours. Also, feel free to link to any swatch pictures you might have!


18 comments:

  1. Wow! Great colour payoff. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I'm jealous. I've been looking for a black lipstick for the longest time. Granted, I haven't been looking super hard but I need to get my hands on one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great black lipstick, it looks wonderful on! I hate how some blacks can get really streaky. I have three Illamasqua lipsticks, but I haven't posted about any of them! The horror! I thought for sure I had written a review of at least one of them... I vividly remember taking pictures! Oh well, I guess I have my work cut out for me! I've been impressed with everything I own by Illamasqua, it's a great, high-quality brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice pigmentation ! You look great with black lips !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, looks good! Glad that they got the black right! The lippie packaging is so drool worthy :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome, you pull off black so well :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous, and it looks fabulous on you! I love that Illamasqua makes unique and strong colors, even if I'm not able to pull them all off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy balls, this is HOT on you! And I love Sonia's blog ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  9. read your about me and its my life story :). so i know how you are feeling :) Love your style btw. and i agree with these lovely ladies..black lipstick looks great on you :)
    -Stokely
    new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Sonia and love this vampy look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you loved it! It looks way hot on you!:) <33 Illamasqua's l/s are such great quality.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Black lipstick <3 Thanks for a very helpful post about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for this :)) i've been on a lookout for a good black lippie!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Black lipstick looks great on you. This one is awesome: it's not patchy or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my, that looks like the ULTIMATE black lipstick! awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you look amazing in black lipstick <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. m-hm! i like this too! i have the black one as well, and it's not as creamy as other lipsticks, and i think it's more long lasting than others that way! and don't you know, once you go black you never go back!;)//Azure

    ReplyDelete
  18. if you like their lipsticks ( i have 3 but thats all i'm buying as ive stopped buying lipsticks with mineral oil. Personal choice)But the ones i have, i love their pigment. Box is the BEST red for making teeth appear white.Its a bright blue toned red, great for cool toned skin. I think Sangers is a more neutral version of it. I also have Poison, which is a discontinued shade..its a dusty mauve (in the true Pantone idea of Mauve)colour and just so unique. I had bought a blue from them, it was called Satanic and sadly that was a dud - application was horrid. So i took it back and they told me it shouldnt have even been on sale as it had been recalled due to the very issues i had. They recently brought out a new blue, which from swatches is much better. But now for amazing coloured lippies, i go to Morgana Cryptoria's range.

    ReplyDelete