A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Late to the Party MAC Swatches: MAC Me Over, Posh Paradise, and Gareth Pugh for MAC

Here are some swatches of lip products from some recent (sort of ) MAC collections! I picked up some lipsticks from MAC Me Over and Posh Paradise as well as some glosses from the Gareth Pugh for MAC collection. I love the colours that I got but I am KICKING myself for not getting Runaway Red from MAC Me Over!

THE SWATCHES




From left to right: Smoked Purple (MAC Me Over), Prince Noir (MAC Me Over), and Potent Fig (Posh Paradise).

OH MY, I have to say that Prince Noir is probably the best lipstick colour EVER!!!!!! I DIE FOR IT!!!!! I wasn't that happy with Potent Fig, however. It was supposed to be a Mattene lipstick which means the finish should be semi-matte. It is not matte AT ALL. I think there may have been something wrong with the one I got because I have another Mattene lipstick from MAC and it is semi-matte. The one I got is very shiny and creamy and slippery (you can see this in the swatch photos). It was hard to apply evenly to my lips because it was so creamy and it didn't last long AT ALL. It's really too bad because it is a fantastic colour.

POTENT FIG






SMOKED PURPLE AND PRINCE NOIR


SMOKED PURPLE



PRINCE NOIR




I also got some of the Gareth Pugh for MAC lipglasses. I loved the packaging! Too bad the glosses looked way more interesting in the tube than they look on!

THE PACKAGING




THE SWATCHES






Left: Vacant. Right: Outrage

VACANT




OUTRAGE






12 comments:

  1. Such a shame about Potent Fig, the swatch colour looks so good. Whereas Prince Noir in swatch is a bit 'eh' to me, but on properly it looks amazing!

    I also love your eye make-up. I really want to perfect the winged eye look. I've seen it look amazing on so many different people. Better get practicing. :)

    http://siansfatshionrags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, these are all gorgeous colors! I'm sorry about the finish on Potent Fig, that is too bad. I hate it when formulas are inconsistent between shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. potent fig looks soooo good in the swatch, sorry it looks like that on the lips :( what a let down

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Satin-Lipstick-RUNAWAY-RED-New-Box-Mac-Me-Over-Ltd-Edition-/220932485438?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item33709a313e

    i dont know how badly you want this, but someone has it listed for $30

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some hot lips. Thanks for great swatches!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Potent Fig? Did Twiggy get a new nickname out of that, at least?

    Also, the Lise Watier lip glosses I got for Christmas are pretty wicked...perhaps I'll come visit soon and bring them along for you to review :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors ! I love the lipglasses :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow those lipglasses are stunning!!! NEED!!! NOW!!1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vampy lip colors! I find that I love darker matte colors. I should have picked up Prince Noir.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lipsticks you've chosen! Great colours. The lip glasses are pretty, but it's a shame their sparkle isn't more obvious on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to let you know that 'Runaway Red' is going to be part of 'Shop MAC, Cook MAC' collection (it should come out in February). :)
    Prince Noir looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete