A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wall of Flames: Goth Club Look

Do you ever feel kind of lazy when doing makeup? Even though you're completely and totally obsessed and consumed by it most of the time? When I did this look, I was feeling kind of lethargic. I am pretty sure that this is the smallest amount of products I have ever used for a goth club look. I was planning wearing orange and red dreads so I decided to crack out the Sugarpill Burning Heart palette and do a very obvious look. I blended together the colours of flames: yellow, orange, and red. I am pretty sure this is the easiest colour combo to come up with when looking at a palette with the word "burning" in the name. Regardless of the fact that something very similar to this has probably been done a million times before, it still looks pretty cool. I tried layering Hourglass Siren over top of Illamasqua Pristine and that looked pretty cool as well, despite my crappy application that one can see in my close-up lip picture.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Brazen.

LIPS: Illamasqua Pristine with Hourglass Siren over top.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Inner Lid: Sugarpill Buttercupcake.
Middle Lid: Sugarpill Flamepoint.
Outer V: Sugarpill Love+.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Upper and Lower Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Mascara: Maybelline One By One.
Falsies: Spider Lashes (Halloween ones).


THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES







THE LOOK


HAHAHAHAHAH this picture made me laugh. I forgot to use the shower curtain as my background like I usually do. I look like I'm in the shower with my clothes on or something. Anyway.......

THE OUTFIT


Synth Dreads: I made them
Headband: Le Chateau
Bat Collar: My friend got it made for me by her friend who makes leather accessories.
Top: From Diabolik in Montreal
Mesh Shirt: Le Chateau
Skirt: Tripp NYC
Spike Bracelet: WalMart
Tights: Ebay
Boots: Demonia

18 comments:

  1. Hnnnnngh!! Oh lord. Love love love the makeup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! You're gorgeous, this look really packs a punch! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psh, I totally hang in my shower in my clothes all the time. It's the new cool thing to do!

    Your blending is too good to even let your "lazy" look seem lazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may have been done before, but your interpretation of the flames is incredible! I love how intense the colours came out. The colour you've created for your lips is awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, love the lips!!! Sexxay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah, I think your idea of lazy makeup is not most people's ideas of lazy makeup... For instance, yours includes false eyelashes! Love the way Siren looks layered like that, the whole look is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow even lazy you make-up is truly amazing,I wish I have such skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For using very few products this look turned out so awesome! Love the lips! And I never would have noticed the shower if you hadn't mentioned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lashes! The lips! The Sugarpill! What's not to love??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wahhhh! Love the lips!!

    Hahahah that make up is pretty much my go to lazy look with the sugarpill palette. Pretty much it always looks great.

    I like the shower picture hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowie, this is amazing! You did such a great job blending - the color combo is AWESOME. I love love love orange and am so impressed you MADE the dreds?? SO COOL! Also your lips came out amazing! I SHOULD SAY AMAZING MORE. Seriously, you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the shower pic, hahaha. Also your "lazy" look does not look lazy :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! Sometimes the ol' reliables are as good as the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the lips SO much here. They look incredible!

    Here's a tag, if you're interested :) http://naturallabeauty.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag-11-random-things-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous, as usual! I love seeing the full shots of you,your clothes are as amazing as your makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!! Self-made synthetic dreads?? WHAT???!! How-to pleaaaazzz :))) Those lashes are to die for btw, and your makeup is en pointe as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the lips!!!! girl, those lips are so awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. sometimes not over doing it gets fantastic results. Love the whole look here!

    ReplyDelete