A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, February 13, 2012

Bubblegum Goth: Club Look

Sometimes when I'm doing my hair to go out to the club, I get a little bit carried away. I like to wear synthetic dreads and in my opinion, THE MORE THE BETTER!!!  I love big hair!! However, when putting in dreadfalls, one must be careful. Sometimes, I put too many dreads in and the falls are too heavy. Other times, I tie the dreads to a bad spot on my head and they end up pulling on my hair. This results in what I like to call a "dreadburn". This can range from something that looks like a mild sunburn on the scalp to losing a small chunk of hair here and there. This happens to me rarely as I'm used to wearing dreads at this point but when I was getting ready on this particular day, I was suffering from a very bad dreadburn and my head hurt. I had to resort to wearing an old pair of yarn falls which I used to wear when I was first experimenting with fake hair. They are kind of like "training dreads" as they are much lighter and easier to install and thus don't make any existing dreadburns worse. Anyway, my old pink falls inspired me to do a bit of a bubblegum-goth type of look. I used lots and lots of pink!!!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil in Soft Black.

LIPS: MAC Lipgelee in Shift to Pink.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Backtalk.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, NYX JEP in Milk.
Inner Corner and Upper Crease: Sugarpill Chromalust in Birthday Girl.
Lid: Sugarpill Dollipop.
Outer Lid: Sugarpill Chromalust in Magnetric.
Inner V: My Pretty Zombie Eyeshadow in, uh, My Pretty Zombie.
Outer V: NARS Night Breed.
Lower Lashline: Evil Shades Spectrum Pot in Pink Prysm with Sugarpill Birthday Girl overtop.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Mascara: Maybelline the Falsies.
Falsies: Ardell Fright Night Mesmerizing lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES






THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Yarn Falls: From an Ebay seller (her store isn't on there anymore).
Pink Collar: From some goth store.
Top: Lip Service
Skirt: Dickies (I got the cat print ironed on and sewed in the zipper. I also sewed bondage rings and straps on the back of the skirt)
Tights: Ebay
Boots: Demonia

21 comments:

  1. So striking! It leaves a good impression: bright and fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE those tights. Do you happen to remember which eBay seller you bought them from? :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy sht, HOT! Pink and black are so your colors!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is too cute , i love it :)
    And the makeup is , as usual , awesome . Love the bright pink you used here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah, training dreads! I love it. Cute look, the pink is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the kitty skirt! The dreads are awesome, I love your mahoosive hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super yummy! i like the attitude of your: the more the better. it's like that with most thing: glitter, lips, eyeliner (hell yeah for you again!) and so on!
    you pulled this through so well, and I love your post title so much haha!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a brave scalp - I'm a weenie about even putting my hair into too tight a ponytail! I actually love the pink, though (both for your hair and your makeup)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit! That skirt is awesome! How fun that you modified it! Makeup is awesome as always! And dreadburn.... hahahah! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! The pink is pretty awesome - it's so bright :D I love that kitty skirt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such a hot look, I adore the liner (as always), but my fave part is the cute dots--they're simply irresistible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wear approx. 3 lbs of dreads and clip ins on a regular basis (about 102-110 dreads, 6-8 clip in hair pieces) . I use a long piece of cheap stretchy fabric (it's the sash from an old grim reaper Halloween costume)to help support them. It goes under each bun and cris-crosses over the top of my head, really puts the bulk of the weight on top of my head instead of on each pony tail. I think that's the only reason I'm not completely bald! With out that bit of fabric my head can't even handle 2 45 ct falls.

    Love the pink look, I keep telling myself I need to get Dollipop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could never manage to get very much hair on my head without suffering massive headaches. I love the look of dreadfalls, and I even like making them, but I can only do yarn if I'm wanting to go big. Boo-urns.


    Pink and black <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the eyelashes.
    May I ask what type your skin is and how do you find MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation? I read it's very good for oily skin and I'm always on the lookout for a good matte liquid foundation for oily skin ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love this look! What great work! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once in a while it is nice to deck the eyes so gorgeous and become a central focus of attention...though it definitely needs an art of the hands and good knowledge of techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm speechless! It's that awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. amaing boots!! and the eyes rock as always!!! thanks for your comments, you are giving me great encouragement :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it all: the makeup, the hair, the outfit, wow!

    ReplyDelete