A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Date Night *gag* Look

This was supposed to be my Valentine's day post but if you read this blog you know I'm late to the party on everything. ANYWAY, instead of yapping about V-Day and looks for going out, I shall tell you the story of why I have been away from the computer....

Last week, my husband came home to find that his car that he uses for autocross (1989 Toyota MR2 with custom work done to it by my husband) was gone. We figured that it got towed as it was parked on a city street for more than 72 hours (you aren't supposed to do this but our neighbours don't care so lots of people around here do it). My husband went outside to check and there were marks in the snow from a tow truck. So, he phoned the city and they said they hadn't towed it. We phoned the police and they said we had no ticket so it could not have been legally towed. They advised us to file a stolen car report as someone had probably stolen it. We informed them that it had a Club on the steering wheel and that the battery was dead so it would have had to be towed to get it anywhere. They didn't really believe us and advised us to call some private tow companies to see if it had been towed illegally (sometimes they will tow someone erroneously from city property).  We went to the police station and gave a statement and my husband was very upset that his baby was gone and that the situation just didn't make ANY sense.

The next day, my husband asked some of our neighbours and they told us that they had witnessed the car being towed just before we got home from work the previous day. So my husband phoned the city again and a bunch of private tow companies trying to see if he could find his car. One of the men who owned a private tow company told him that he would tell him something as long as he doesn't tell the police that it was him who tipped us off. He told my husband that there are people who buy tow trucks, get logos made to put on the side of the vehicles so they look legitimate, and go around towing older looking cars and selling them for scrap to unscrupulous scrapyard owners. He told us to go look at two scrapyards who have a reputation for buying stolen cars. I was thinking, "Yeah, right, this sounds crazy."

Anyway, that night, we went to one of the scrapyards. There were guard dogs and there was all of this metal siding blocking the fences so you couldn't see in very well. We were looking through cracks in the siding and I SHIT YOU NOT, THERE WAS MY HUSBAND'S FUCKING CAR. We called the police and they came out and made the owner of the yard give us our car back. They told us that this person does this all of the time. When a scrap yard owner buys a car for scrap metal, they are supposed to hold the car for 20 days BY LAW and check the VIN to see if it has been stolen. Apparently, this guy buys stolen cars from sketchy people with tow trucks and crushes them the next day and you never see your car again. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS SHIT? I've never heard of this before. Anyway, it was a weird week being all CSI and shit with the cops at some scrapyard at 2 in the morning. The bastards broke his bumper and stole his stereo but at least we got the car back. The yard owner was all like "I didn't know it was stolen!!!" Um, we left all of our belongings in the car with a club on the wheel and the glove box had to be broken into to get the registration for the car.....SURE YOU DIDN'T. Anyway, the police are doing a sting operation on this guy and hopefully he will go to jail if they rack up enough charges against him. WOW.

And now for some date-night-esque makeup that I did almost a year ago but never posted for some reason!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: MAC Coygirl Blush.

LIPS: MAC Lipglass in Song and Dance.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Inner and Outer Lid: L'Oreal HIP Eyeshadow Duo in Moon Goddess.
Upper Crease: Coastal Scents Eyeshadow in Magnetic.
Outer V: Sugarpill Weekender
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Lower Lashline: UD Binge.
Mascara: Maybelline One By One.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES







THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Earrings: Made for me by my friend.
Dress with attached sleeves that I can't wear a jacket with because the sleeves are attached to the dress so it's very inconvenient but looks cool: Le Chateau
Belt: Le Chateau
Tights: H & M
Boots: Le Chateau

Ever had your car stolen before? Did you get it back? I hate people who do not respect the property of others. 

22 comments:

  1. .sigh. you are magnificent, as usual. you are stunning.. that sounds a tad stalker-ish..yikes. LoL. Sorry about your mans car.. I hate when life gets all trippy like that, feels like you're dreaming all the time. Glad things are back to normal for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, that is totally some crazy CSI stuff you had going on! I've never had my car stolen entirely, but both my bf and I have had our respective cars broken into. I lost an iPod and he lost nothing, but they broke his glovebox going through it and now he has to strap it shut with a bungee. Glad you got it back in the end, though, and hopefully the junkyard dude gets what's coming to him.
    Anyway, your pictures are amazing as always. You look awesome in that dress. I love how it's floral/girly, but also dark/trippy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is awesome! Love the makeup, as usual! And yes, with scrap metal prices being up, there are a lot of thefts like that going on. You guys are lucky you got the car back in one piece! Most of the time they get hauled off to chop-shops and disassembled before getting hauled into the scrap yard so the owners of the scap yard doesn't have to question if it's a stolen vehicle. Not too long ago the company I work for had two old abandoned school busses stolen out of an old rock pit. That takes a lot of nerve to steal two busses and we still haven't caught the guy. Despite some leads about whos tow truck came in and took them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, I've never heard of that sort of thing either. Scary! Glad we have a garage.

    Lovely makeup, and very striking outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a crazy and horrible story. I'm glad you got your car back though! Great makeup as always

    ReplyDelete
  6. O_o that is one of the craziest stories that i've ever heard! my goodness, how scary!!!! car can just turn up MISSING. wow....shocking that you found it, so good! wtf

    love the boots, on a side note

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, that is a hell of a story! At least you got the car back...and lol at the CSI bit ;) I love your dress! I can see how the sleeves being attached could be very inconvenient, but it looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HNGGGG love your dress! The eye look is super cute, I love how you brought the gunmetal crease colour down on the inner corner. :)

    Holy crap that is a CRAZY story! I'm glad you guys got the car back though. O__O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jesus christ on a pogo stick. I'm sorry you and your hubby had to go through all that. I hope the scrapyard owner get the shit fined out of him and that the popo manage to track down those thieves.

    And of course, you look absolutely gorgeous. Those earrings really pull everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that's awful!! i would be so angry if someone stole my car even though it's an old pea can. and your husband has my dream car! do you have any interest in the sport?? very happy to hear you got it back.

    love the dress by the way, looks amazing on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. VORTEX DRESS. Also, fucking bullshit about your car, man. Glad you got it back, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an awful , horrible story ! I'm glad you got the car back !

    Your outfit is amazing ! Love it so much , also the makeup ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I am totally mesmerized by that dress, but it would drive me nuts to not layer! Haha. The look is great, I really love the shape and the hint of pink. Glad to hear you got your car back (mostly) in one piece! That is some crazy scary stuff! At least it makes a great story?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy crap! How do people DO that?? I just don't understand the liars and cheats and total jackasses in this world. I really don't.


    As a side note, THAT DRESS IS CRAZY AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, that was a long evening! and yes exactly like the date night movie (only that is real bad even though steve carrel is the best actor in a couple of shoes!)
    you should have kicked that man down with your boots, but not hard enough so they would get a chip on them!
    hope you'll get your stuff back!//Azure

    ReplyDelete
  16. What... the fudge? That story is INSANE. I've heard of people doing that but I guess when it happens to someone you know... love the dress and makeup in this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy crap, exciting juicy story AND a hot FOTD with a gorgeous dress? A sting operation?? I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! Report back!!!!!!!! But seriously though, what a stressful and crappy situation.:( You really got the info about where his car was just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woooowwwww what a crazy story!! I'm glad everything worked out OK and you got your car back... jeeeeez!!

    your dress and makeup couldn't be more hot and beautiful!! you are seriously working this look, it's my new favorite of yours!! Hot HOT HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that is a nutty story! I now have this very vivid mental image of you busting bad guys in that sleeve-skirt dress and awesome rockin' makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, just made a facebook group for "Ladies in Black" LOL, you may be interested. :)
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/248527528567367/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some people really suck. I'm so glad you got the car back, at least.
    I love this colour combo! That crease colour is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg you are like a full on goffik detective. good on you guys for doing all that work and finding your car. it's shit you had to do it instead of the police but at least you saved your car being squashed into a cube!

    I LOVE THAT DRESS!!! your make up is cool as always

    ReplyDelete