A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, February 11, 2012

PINK with Evil Shades

Usually I'm extremely late to the party with everything blog-related. Since Valentine's Day is coming up, I'm thinking we'll be seeing lots of pink and red themed looks. Usually, whenever I do a themed-look, I never get around to posting it until it's completely irrelevant (such as my beach makeup look that was posted in October, lol!) However, while looking through my blogging folders, I have found quite a few things that are somewhat Valentine's Day appropriate, such as this lovely pink look I did based around the Evil Shades Pink Prysm Spectrum Pot. It's a gorgeous pink with a lovely silver sheen to it. I wore this look to go shopping for makeup at the NARS counter. The girl working there was like, "OMG, where did you get those eyeshadows???" Indie cosmetics, FTW!!!!!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, and MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades blush in Pink Noise.

LIPS: Stila Lip Glaze in Plum Fairy.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid: Evil Shades Pink Prysm Spectrum Pot.
Crease and Inner-V: My Pretty Zombie Coffin Critters.
Upper Crease and Outer-V: Evil Shades Danger Sox.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Lower Lashline: Evil Shades Pink Prysm Spectrum Pot.
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES





THE LOOK


It can be hard to wear pink eyeshadow as it sometimes makes a person look a bit ill. Do you wear pink eyeshadow? What are some of your favourite pink shades?

12 comments:

  1. Pinks can definitely be tough. I'm wearing some right now, though! Sugarpill Dollipop and Darling Girl Twin Peaks to be specific. I used to with teal liner to break up the pinkeye-ness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I wear pink eyeshadow I just have to make sure to do some other color liner, whether it's black or some other color, and keep the pink away from my tear duct. Then I don't look too sick ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome look! I love pink eyeshadows. I guess I don't think twice about them! And yes, indie cosmetics are THE BEST! Love them over everything else I own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! This is a really neat take on a pink eye look! I love pink and burgundy eyeshadows, I need more in my life. I have some mauve shades and opalescent pinks, but none that are really life-changing. Emmanuel by NARS (I think it might be discontinued! Noooooo) is a kind of soft red that I love, and The Body Shop's Baked Eye Color in Quartz is another favorite; it has two sides, one is iridescent pink, the other is a really neat burgundy. I also really like Sting by Urban Decay. I really want Pink Prism now, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! Yeah, I tend to stray away from pink on the eye, but I think with thick black eyeliner it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous! I agree that pink is hard to wear; I like Urban Decay Woodstock and some lighter, pearly pink shades from Stila and Silk Naturals. I don't think I wear pink that often, though, since sometimes it makes my undereye circles look 10x worse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very dramatic! I love it! Very sexy, meow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Fusia and black are always a good combo in my book. You've got great skills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indie cosmetics are the best and always very unique. I love the pink look , awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! You look gorgeous, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in pink heaven. I can't describe how incredible this look is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, this is probably one of my favorite looks from you!! I really like the softly defined crease and the beautiful almost iridescent shade of the pink. So lovely!!

    ReplyDelete