A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Metallic Rainbow

I love using my Sugarpill Chromalusts, it is never hard to come up with a fun colour combination when you're using such awesome pigments! My favourite part about these is that many of them have a metallic sheen to them. Here is a rainbow-inspired metallic look!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics* blush in Miss Vicious.

LIPS: Morgana Cryptoria Lip Balm in Electron with Lise Watier Gloss Festive over top.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, and NYX JEP's in Milk and Black Bean.
Inner Lid and Corner: Sugarpill Goldilux.
Mid Lid: Sugarpill Asylum.
Outer V: Sugarpill Junebug and Starling.
Lower Lashline: Sugarpill Royal Sugar mixed with Lise Watier Metamorfix.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Mascara: Maybelline The Colossal.

*NOTE: A Hot Mess Cosmetics is my own pretend makeup brand. I make stuff sometimes and pretend that I have a makeup company. I do not have a real makeup company, thankfully, as it would end up being a hot mess. 

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS



THE EYES




THE LOOK


Do you like metallic shadows? Which are your favourites?

22 comments:

  1. Metallic rainbow, for sure! I love that it's still a color spectrum, but darker and metallic and pretty!!!

    I don't think I own a lot of metallics, actually. Maybe a gold or two. This should be fixed, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes , this look rocks ! I love the metallic rainbow !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything about this = WIN! i looooove it, my fave that you've done :D this is boss

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing!! I love how you made your eyes,and your orange lips! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoah that blending is amazing, such gorgeous colours and placing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love the lip color you paired with this, it's bold while still keeping the focus on the eyes! I am such a sucker for metallic eyeshadows... I have a couple of gorgeous golds and burgundies from Meow Cosmetics, and I have a temperamental but beautiful platinum cream from Illamasqua.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I had to go back up to see what you were wearing on your cheeks because it is so pretty! Love that it's a color you made! Very glowy! I love metallic shadows! You did a great job on this look with the Chromalusts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing, especially the Goldilux!

    ReplyDelete
  9. woah nice!! That lip colour is the boss of all lip colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this look is redonk!!! Ok first, your eyemakup is PERFECT. So pretty. Sugarpill better post this on their fb page b/c it's one of the best I've seen.
    And that lip color is great on you. Shoulda know it was Mrgana. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! I totally want to recreate this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Metallicccc! This is awesome, I love how the lips match as well. And haha at Hot Mess... I think we all pretend we have a makeup company sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good god you are amazing. This is so so pretty. Love the lips too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, i love the transition color b/w the red and the turquoise, it's like a dirty teal--so so cool!! love your work darlin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, fab colours :D Love the transition.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are GOOD! Every look is better than the last - how *do* you do it? This is gorgeous I love the gold - it's so bold!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great look! There's such a mishmash of colors but it looks perfect together. I like the blush color too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think I have very many metallics. One of the reasons I haven't purchased chromalusts is because I'm trying to buy fewer loose shadows right now. I like the way you used these together though; the colors contrast a lot, but they also work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That's a great combination of colours. I love metallics and I'm with you: no one does them like Sugarpill.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this is one of my favorite looks so far. You've done an amazing job with matching those colours together! I'm a huge fan of metallic eyeshadows and I really like Sugarpills loose ones and the ones from Inglot. Oh there's so many to choose from, wait I forgot about Sleek. They've got some amazing metallic eyeshadows almost creamy in the texture!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete