A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, March 1, 2012

One Spark Among the Embers: ASSEMBLAGE 23!!!!!!!!

Back in August, I got to go see Assemblage 23!!!!! I was so excited!!! I had been cranking up their CD's (YES CD's I KICK IT OLD SKOOL) in my car for weeks! I decided to do an in-your-face ORANGE themed look for the concert.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil in Soft Black.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Atomic.

LIPS: Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in A Go-Go.

EYES: Base: UDPP with MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Inner Corner/Lid: Sugarpill Flamepoint.
Middle Lid: Manic Panic Eye Paint in Electric Lava.
Upper Crease: Medusa's Makeup Eyeshadow in Electro Red.
Crease: My Pretty Zombie Coffin Critters.
Outer V: Fyrinnae Monarch Butterfly over Pixie Epoxy.
Lower Lashline: GOSH Extreme Art Eyeliner in 03 over Fyrinnae Pyromantic Erotica.
Glitter: (On upper lashline and dots): LIT glitter in She Devil mixed with Lise Watier Metamorfix.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
False Lashes: Random halloween spidery lashes on the upper lashline and Ardell Accents in 305 Black on the lower lashline.
Mascara: Maybelline One By One.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES







THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT



Synth Dreads: By me, as usual.
Headband: Le Chateau.
Collar: My husband made it.
Top and Skirt: Lip Service
Armwarmers: By me.
Tights: Random Ebay seller.
Legwarmers: Plastik Wrap.
Boots: Demonia.

THE CONCERT


We also got to see two awesome bands with local members: Psykkle and Melt. 


EVERYONE IS VERY SWEATY. THERE WAS A LOT OF DANCING. I TOUCHED ASSEMBLAGE 23!!!!!!!!!!


I saw a sign outside near these plants that read "DO NOT EAT THIS PLANT! FLOWER!" So, I had to take a picture of myself pretending to eat it. As you would.

Do you enjoy Assemblage23? Check out Lycanthropica's post! She got to see them as well!

 Wanna rock orange lipstick in the daytime and not look like a day-glow cybergoth drag queen? Maryam and Larie will show you how it's done!

17 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is so neat! I love how this look turned out! Also, I am much more interested in knowing how to look like a day-glow cybergoth drag queen than learning how to avoid that. Day-glow cybergoth drag queens are where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn that is one sexy outfit! Love this whole look! I was guessing that was probably ES Atomic blush! Looks great! Love the color placement of the shadow and the lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MUST HAVE THAT LIPSTICK. Love all the lashes and glitter and, as always, your outfit looks awesome! Nice of hubby to make a cute collar as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daaaaaaaammmnnnn girrrrrrlllll! I love this! Definitely one of my favs of yours, but I'm biased because it's orange ;) Seriously, your lipstick is so perfect for this outfit, what an AWESOME COLOR! I love your outfit, so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa outfit, you look quite awesome ;) Love the oranges and the touches of glitter.
    So my real question is why would they think they need a sign to not eat the flowers? Is that a problem in your town...? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. SEXY !! Love it :) And i like the glitters on your eyes too , the lashes are wicked !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome! Your make-up rocks too :)

    Aslo, I think that plant is just chives, in bloom. It's edible, but who the hell plants it for decoration? It's not like the flowers are very pretty, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woman, you are too sexy for blogger to handle. That's the real reason why you've been having problems with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow-ness in those photos!! go you in that outfit!! rockin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. i so love that you go all in whenever you decide to go out! more of that! and also you seem to be such a match-master. orange hair- orange lipstick!
    but those pointy top lashes..... i could give them a go!;)//Azure

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, thank you for the link love :) I LOVE your orange look!!! Those falsies! That lipstick! That blush! THOSE EYES. I'm falling over.

    Also, I keep forgetting to say, it is so awesome that you remember everything you use on a look. If it's more than a few days ago, I have to squint at photos trying to figure out what the hell I put on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this look. How hot are you? Hubba, hubba.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this look! And I like Assemblage 23, though I haven't listened to them in a while. I did see them live back in 2002.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOT DAMN woman! you never cease to amaze / inspire me!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. those lashes freak me out up close, like spider legs! eeeeep....but from far i love em :D this look is so good with that outfit, what a cool way to go out! you always look so unique and special :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww you love sooo cuutteee love A23 :) that singer is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete