A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, March 5, 2012

Worksafe Monday: Neutral with a Bit of Teal

IIIIIIIIIIIIT's MONDAY!!!  ***slow claps*** BLAH, no one really likes Monday. It's the day we all must return to work and our regularly scheduled programming. For me, back to work Mondays mean NEUTRALS and CONSERVATIVE CLOTHING. These are things I have learned to live with since I started working with the public. Henceforth, Mondays on my blog shall now be Worksafe Mondays (when I actually get my sh*t together and have a post ready for once, anyway!) Since most of the makeup I end up doing these days is for work, I have decided to share some ways in which I make my work looks less boring. Funnily enough, I ended up not posting this look (note: it is from LAST SPRING) because it bored me a bit. When I took a second look at it, I realized that it is a good example of adding a bit of colour to an otherwise neutral work look to give it a bit of a kick.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Smashbox Double Take Fusion Cheek something or other AKA "OLD FAITHFUL".

LIPS: GOSH On Stage Cool Lip Jam 101.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Browbone: Random matte bone shade.
Inner Lid: MAC Soft Force eyeshadow.
Middle Lid: Morgana Cryptoria North Pole eyeshadow.
Outer V: MAC Night Maneuvers.
Lower Lashline: Annabelle Metallic Kohl in Curacao.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES









THE LIPS



THE LOOK

WOW I could use a haircut.......and a coffee. I made the necklace.
Everyone says that I wear too much black at work. LOOK AT ME I AM WEARING TEAL. That is all.

16 comments:

  1. I've always loved the way you do your eyeliner, teal ftw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the makeup! Batwings are the best <3 Cute necklace! Great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look far from boring! Your bright looks are great, but you are really pretty wearing lighter make-up too.

    There's an award for you on my blog, feel free to join in if you feel like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teal is such a great color. I feel like greens and teal are great work-safe colors. I love to use a nude shade on lids and green in just my crease. Today I am wearing green on my lids to work 0_0 but I used brown in my crease to hide it. Joke's on me because when I asked my co-worker he said he didn't notice at all cuz of my glasses. Fail! I hope you stick with it, this seems like a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty with teal ! This look isn't boring , but very classy !! The necklace is very pretty too , love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out awesome! Seeing it with your teal sweater, it definitely came out just right as far as being made up without being too "night out" The necklace is awesome, too. Another great way to make work-safe a little less boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty, I don't think it's boring! It's just neutral ;) That necklace is gorgeous, too, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice kick to that worksafe look! colour IS always possible!! Your club outfits are amazing, no contest for worksafe clothes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up as always! This is not a boring makeup look at all! I think this will be fun for us to see more neutral looks from you. I hope you keep up with the Worksafe Monday posts! Love the necklace you made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you made the necklace? fabulous! it's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it and don't think it looks boring at all! I think that one of the great things about being a goth and being into makeup. Even if you have to dress like a muggle you can still get crazy with your makeup and no one can really say anything to you. Well... as long as your not wearing like, Death eyeliner or something. :)
    You look good. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. Teal is a great color on you. =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. You still managed to add a good bit of color to your work safe makeup. My makeup has been so boring with neutrals lately. poop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! North pole is one of my favourite Morgana eyeshadows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you're awesome! I love your hair and necklace--can't believe you made it!!!

    ReplyDelete