A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Goth Club Look: Blue Winter

It is the end of April. It is springtime. Springtime is not a good time for SNOW. A couple of days ago, I went out to my car in the morning to find about a half a foot of snow on it. I was not impressed. Why do I live in Canada again???? GO AWAY SNOW!! Anyway, the snow reminded me of a club look for which I used primarily blue cosmetics. I also wore some jewelry made by independent companies; the necklace I wore features a sparkling snowflake pattern (while I do love snowflakes, I'm not particularly fond of snowfall this late in the year). Read on to see the look and some accessories from some awesome independents companies!!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencils in Binge, Radium, and Electric.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades blush in Twizted. OMG BLUE BLUSH.

LIPS: Morgana Cryptoria Lipstick in Sub Zero with MAC Kissable Lipcolour in Peacocky over top.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, and NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.
Inner Corner and Lid: MAC Pigment in Mutiny.
Mid Lid: Sugarpill Chromalust in Starling.
Inner V: Sugarpill Chromalust in Royal Sugar.
Outer V: Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Bulletproof.
Dots: (which I feel the need to add every time I do cyber makeup for some reason): UD 24/7 Pencils in Binge, Radium, and Electric.
Lower Lashline: MAC Pigment in Mutiny and UD 24/7 Pencil in Electric.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
False Lashes: Ardell Fabulous Lashes "Paris".

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES




THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT

I am making an idiot face in this picture but both my cats were in it so I used it. Oh, wait a second, I make an idiot face in every picture anyways! :)
Synth Dreads: Made By Me
Goggles: I Kick Shins
UV-Reactive Collar: Cryoflesh
Snowflake Necklace: Callooh and Callay
PVC and Lace Cuff: Made for me by my friend
UV-Reactive Cuff: Cryoflesh
Top: La Vie En Rose
Waist Cincher: Deadly Couture
Skirt: Allure Lingerie
Thigh-Highs: Ebay
Boots: Demonia


***INDIE JEWELRY SPOTLIGHT***

I enjoy finding independent, small companies that make clothing and accessories because they are great places to find unique pieces for your outfits! I got the snowflake necklace I'm wearing in my above outfit from Callooh and Callay. They are an independent jewelry company run by fellow blogger Lillian from Funny Face's Place and her partner Claire. They both model the jewelry for their online store which I think is awesome because they're both adorable and have their own unique styles.

I had no problems with customer service when ordering from Callooh and Callay and my item was shipped promptly and  packaged nicely with attention to detail (i.e. snowflake confetti in the box).
My necklace is gorgeous; it is made of mirrored acrylic and is VERY sparkly!



The Sparkling Snowflake necklace is still available and there are also lovely earrings and studs to match. If you are a fan of acrylic jewelry I would definitely check out Callooh and Callay, thier designs are all very striking and make excellent statement pieces. If you are gothically inclined I would recommend checking out their Cameo Brooch and Going Batty necklaces.


The cuff and collar that I am wearing in the above outfit is from Cryoflesh. They make a variety of masks, goggles, cuffs, collars, gauntlets, and other accessories. You can choose the colours and symbols that you want on many of the pieces. I think that this is awesome because you can get custom, handmade accessories for your outfits. I have ordered from this company many times and have had great customer service from them and they ship quickly as well. They have an excellent selection of unique clothing as well as clothing from larger companies (lipservice, etc.) I also think that they have a great selection of alternative menswear which can be harder to find. I would definitely recommend checking out their website, especially if you tend to dress cyber for clubbing.


Goggles by I Kick Shins, cuff and collar by Cryoflesh, and Sparkling Snowflake necklace by Callooh and Callay.

I got out the blacklight so I could show you how awesome the accessories from Cryoflesh look under black light! Sweet!


What are your favourite independent clothing/jewelry/accessory companies?

14 comments:

  1. Oooooh I absolutely love the cuff and bracelet!! Very nice! I'll have to look into Cryoflesh. I'm not really a "cyber" gal but I think I could pull off a bracelet. :)

    We've been getting random snowfalls here to. It will be snowing one day and warm and sunny the next. GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the blue!! Especially those brows and the blush.
    I have the same necklace but I'm dumb and broke it as I was packing it to take it with me to Calgary over Christmas. Stupid brick wall and my stupid clumsy hand whacking the thing taking it out of a bag :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blue look is awesome! I have been wanting to play around with blue lately... Maybe I'll finally get inspired to do so after seeing your gorgeous take on it! Love the necklace, too, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part is the trio of blue dots under your eyes - so awesome. I don't have any recommendations for indie jewelry shops, though :( Oh! I did see this http://www.etsy.com/shop/MisfitLeather , which is the shop of a friend of an acquaintance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That necklace really is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a little bummed by the lack of snowfall this past winter as I love doing all blue "ice queen" looks. Not bummed enough for spring snow, though, send that on to someone else ;P

    I have a Callooh and Callay necklace, too. Mine is the Narwhal in a sailor's hat. The snowflakes are cute, but again wouldn't have gotten enough use because of our wonky winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *love* the goggles! I love Calooh and Callay, the narwhale and the witch cameo are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are always outdoing yourself my dear!! This is such a cool, clever and fresh look... I love everything from the hair to the jewelry to the outfit to the makeup... as always! you are truly a source of inspiration :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing in blue! I love this. You look hot as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue is so lovely on you !

    ReplyDelete
  11. you must show the room where you keep your "wigs" (or hair extensions, what you call it) and your details sometime! i would love to see that, since you seem to have like a sixth sense for accessories!
    and hey blue brows! way to go!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - You look amazing! Icy QUEEN. Queen of all the Sub-Zero's. I love it!!!! I don't buy from a lot of independent jewelry places. Only so far Whimsy Beading. I would love to try out some!

    ReplyDelete