A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Polymorphe: Goth Club Look

Time for another goth club look! For this look, I wanted to experiment with Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. This is from awhile back when I was figuring out how to use it. I find good old PE to be rather a cruel mistress. When you get it right, it makes your shadows look AMAZING. When you get it wrong, you make an unholy mess that is usually unfixable. This look came out a bit messy, but it really emphasized the sparkles and shifts in the eyeshadows that I used.  The inspiration for my lips was my latex dress, I wanted them black and shiny!!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Skon.

LIPS: Illamasqua Pristine with YSL Gloss Pur in Black over top.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, and Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.
Lid: Fyrinnae Glitterboi.
Crease and Inner V: Sugarpill Weekender.
Outer V: Persephone Minerals Rai.
Lower Lashline: My Pretty Zombie Amacyst foiled with Lise Watier Metamorfix.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Mascara: Maybelline the Falsies.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES




THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT




Synthetic Dreads: Made by me
Headband: Le Chateau
Necklace: artwithlatex.com
Latex Dress: Polymorphe
Latex Gloves: Polymorphe
Stockings: Music Legs (ebay)
Shoes: Metropolis Shoes

Have you tried Pixie Epoxy? What do you think of it? I'm thinking of posting some tips for using it in the near future. Do you have any tips for using it?

20 comments:

  1. Stop looking so amazing ;P Really, though, awesome as usual. Please do post your Pixie Epoxy tips! I don't like mine, but maybe I just need tips on using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I am the same as you with PE, sometimes it's amazing, sometimes I make a hideous mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see your tips on using PE! I find it to be finicky, too; sometimes it looks amazing, other times it pills and makes everything look like a hot mess. I always pat it on rather than paint it on, if that makes any sense, but I really don't know what the pro way of applying it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one sexy lady! Love the dress! You did a great job with the shadows even though you thought it looked a bit messy, I think it looks great! Skon is one of my all time favorite blushes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see how the pixie epoxy made a difference in that shadow. Beautiful! And your lips are awesome too!
    Saw that necklace and immediatly was like- oooh artwith!! Looks great on you! I did a post on some of my artwith necklaces here: http://bethezdaspreoccupations.blogspot.com/2012/02/art-with-latex.html
    After seeing yours I think I need a black one!
    Great look and great falls. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back seam stockings FTW! And Skon looks awesome on you, I love it with this look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous as always, love the shadow colour! do you have a pic of the tattoo in full? looks mental!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DAAAAAANG That is a hottttt outfit. Love everything! The dark lips, the blush is PERFECT. PE is awesome, but you need patience! I usually apply it on one lid and finish it, then move on to the next lid. I really have to count and not blink after application so it can set - I use the applicator and dab it 1-3 times on my lid - then use my finger and pat it around too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL "an unholy mess" SO TRUE. I switched to DG Glitter Glue because I hated PE so much. ANYWAY, this is HOTTT. Your outfit is the shiz. I wish I could wear PVC and not look like a sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah, you look amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy amazing glitteriness! Glitterboi is amazing. I'll have to whip that out again. I love my PE and use it all the time. However, sometimes certain shadows don't like the very edge of it and don't blend well. I think I just have to apply it neater. Love the black lips here too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yowsa! :O you look smoking!

    honestly, i've always had trouble with PE. i always ended up with a creasey gooey mess and gave up on it a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. holy hell, that outfit is smoking hot! you are one sexy mama girl, jeez. i LOVE this! the eyeshadows look like a galaxy (your background on your site, lol) sooo pretty! my fave outfit of yours, freaking love it..the dress, the gloves, the shoes, the tights....all perfect

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've such well shaped legs! And I love how daring you are! You look amazing in blue hues and the glitter really added that extra to it!
    I've not tried the pixie epoxy but been really curious of it for some time, but I think all the glitter adhesives are a bit tricky to use at first! Plus some days are better than others to use glitter. One thing for sure is not to be in a hurry when using it...
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  15. no one pulls of a dress like that but you!
    And thumbs up for that sparkly dark blue! i love it! couldn't stop staring at it! and let me point out how much i like that you wear black lips! why don't we do that more often!?//Azure

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is so baddass , but i love it :)
    I looove Fyrinnae PE , especially for glittery shades , but it's a bit tricky the first time . Once you get used to it , it's an amazing product ! Awesome look !

    ReplyDelete
  17. look at you!! JUST LOOK AT YOU!! THAT DRESS!!! THOSE LEGS!!! THOSE DREDS!!! Daaaaaaaaamn girl you fine!! that is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This look is just gorgeous!! That dress. WOW!! And I love the eye make up.

    ReplyDelete