A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Silk Naturals Eyeshadow Swatches

Hello! I just thought that I would share some swatches of several Silk Naturals loose eyeshadows that I purchased fairly recently. I have been enjoying the new black packaging and they also now offer eyeshadows that come in tubes with a doe-foot applicator that you can see in the picture below. I like the packaging of these but you have to be careful when you open them or you can lose a fair amount of product. If you don't like the doe-foot, you can easily transfer the product to a brush. I think they would be convenient for travel or as a carry-along/touch up item when you don't have much space to bring brushes, etc. On to the swatches!

THE HAUL/PACKAGING


THE SWATCHES

 

From left to right: Chucklehead, Calm, Black Ice, Aurora, Angellic.

If you missed out on MAC Style black, Black Ice looks similar to Blue Flame and Aurora looks similar to Young Punk.


From left to right: Torn Fishnets, Sinner, Paranormal, Deviant, Dainty.

OMG TORN FISHNETS. GO GET TORN FISHNETS. The photo doesn't do it justice. It is a dark taupe-ish colour with silver and gold sparkles. It is neutral yet dark and vampy at the same time. I have been using this one a LOT as it is quite versatile, in my opinion.

This is an indie company that I would definitely recommend! They have a large selection of eyeshadows so there is something for everyone. You can get brights, neutrals, and dark shades. You can find many unique shades and they also dupe colours from higher end brands for a much better price.


Check back later this week for a review of some of their blushes and lip products!!

 DISCLAIMER: These products were purchased with my own money prior to my NO BUY.

12 comments:

  1. I love indie make-up companies so often they have such creativity and you can see it in their products. Plus I always get a kick out the names they give their shades.

    Torn Fishnets is a great example of this, gorgeous colour, hilariously awesome name. I am easily marketed too, obviously. It looks like a magical colour. They look like wonderfully pigmneted eyeshadows too. :)

    http://siansfatshionrags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, I love how unique these shades are! I have never tried this brand, I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to remember to check out Torn Fishnets! I have Deviant in the wand. Great color, but I'm not sold on the packaging. Good if you are on the go or are just doing a quick look. But yes, you have to be careful when you pull the wand out. Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, Torn Fishnets sounds fun! I haven't played with all of the Silk Naturals that I have yet but you're tempting me to get more!!! I have to wait till next month though. darn No Buy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torn fishnets has total drool factor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh torn fishnets sounds haute! i love sinner, black ice, and aurora too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, they look nice. I've mostly tried lip products from Silk Naturals and I LOVE them. They definitely have some of the best indie lip stuffs. Have you tried any?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow torn fishnets it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're gorgeous colours. I've never tried Silk Naturals, but I've heard good things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg its all about sinner and paranormal!!! love those two and would love to see them together ::hint hint::

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can totally see myself making a complete mess out of the wand packaging, so I'll stick to the little pots. I like the Silk Naturals shadows that I have, but I have so many eye shadows that I just can't pick up any more! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmm...loose eyeshadows in a doefoot tube! well, maybe a step in the right direction but i could still seeing it be pretty messy. these look beautiful! torn fishnets sounds like something i need.

    ReplyDelete