A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cabaret Goth

Recently, I attended a corset fashion show for a local designer. It was held in a large nightclub with a stage and in addition to the fashion show, there were burlesque performers as well. The event was really well organized and I had a great time! I might also be getting a corset from the company for my birthday ;) For my attire for the evening, I decided to dig through my clothes and try my hand at a "cabaret goth" style outfit. When dressing in this style, one combines dark elements with burlesque elements such as garters, stockings, and corsets. For my makeup, I wanted to try out my new MAC Runaway Red lipstick (which I missed the first time they released it and I was crabby) and some of my Silk Naturals pretties.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Silk Naturals Galaxy blush.

LIPS: MAC Runaway Red.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
Lid: Fyrinnae Purgatory
Crease/Inner V: Fyrinnae Steampunk
Upper Crease/Inner Corner: Silk Naturals Sinner
Outer V: Silk Naturals Torn Fishnets
Waterline: UD Perversion
Lower Lashline: Annabelle Glitterama Eyeliner in Atomic Red
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies
False Lashes: Ardell Fashion Lashes "London"


THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES




THE LOOK



THE OUTFIT


Hair clip: Made by me
Necklace: Moon Maiden Jewelry (made by a blogger!)
Top: Le Chateau
Fan: Art of Adornment
Silk Dupioni Underbust Corset: Louise Black Designs
Gauntlets: OrdoAtraSerpentis (Etsy, also made by a blogger!)
Skirt: Lip Service
Stockings: Leg Avenue
Leather Thigh Garter: friend had it made for me
Shoes: Metropolis Shoes

Are there any other ladies out there who rock the cabaret goth style? Do share your style tips or links to where you get your clothes, shoes, etc!

24 comments:

  1. Your outfit is so sexy! Love how you pull off cabaret goth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of my favorite things you've done so far. Head to toe it's just pretty awesome. Glad you had a good time! I've never had a corset before, but they look kind of neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's an awesome ensemble. I love the fan and the necklace and, well, everything. Also, I'm glad you picked up Runaway Red - it's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one hot mama! I love that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purgatory looks so awesome on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moly, I love ALL THE THINGS IN THIS POST.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic. I love the cabaret goth look. Your gauntlets and garters are fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit! I used to put together outfits like that to go out it when I was younger... Not gonna lie, I kind of miss it! I think I had about 5 pairs of those stockings at once. I usually just cobbled together pieces from more mainstream stores (I miss the Rampage store that used to be nearby!) with things that I made or dyed to match, although I did have a couple of pieces from Heavy Red that I relied heavily on. I love that red lipstick on you, it's gorgeous, and the red glitter on the lower lash line is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your outfit, LOVE your makeup! The red lip is beautiful, the cheek colour is stunning, and I love how the little pops of red shimmer on the eye tie it all together :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. UNF. (all that needs to be said)

    ReplyDelete
  11. O MY GOD!!! That flower is your hair!!! You are soooooo fierce my darling, I love all your posts, outfits, makeups, everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woahhhhhhhhh sexy! I really love that corset, how unique is that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that outfit, especially that corset!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one cool outfit! Love your hair and the necklace! It's just too cool how you can pull off those smokey eyes!
    To answer your question regarding Violent Lips, yes they're very comfortable only feels a bit weird in the beginning. Oh and they're rather dry too, but there's no problem tossing on some gloss on top of them if one's bothered!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely beautiful. you are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Steampunk + Purgatory = a hundred kinds of amazing! You always look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look how gorgeous you are ! Love this cabareth Goth !

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow,lovely look,just perfect.

    I wonder if you would like to follow each other.
    http://glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/
    Lala

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your cabaret goth style. you do it well.

    ReplyDelete