A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Club Look: Goth/Pinup Fusion

Here is another "fusion" type of look for clubbing. I have a little bit of fashion ADD as I like to call it; I can't just pick one style and stick to it. I like to play around with putting different style elements together to see how I end up looking. I have had a few people remark to me that I have a lot of clothes. While this may be the case to some extent, one can actually make many totally different outfits by mixing and matching pieces from one's wardrobe. FUN! This outfit combines elements of classic goth, cyber goth, and pinup/rockabilly style. For the makeup, I went for a more classic look rather than a dark and dramatic one to change things up a bit.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundatin in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS:  MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Hard Candy Baked Blush in Pinup.


LIPS: Yves Saint Laurent Red Muse.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Browbone: Annabelle Buff Naked.
Inner Lid: The two light matte colours from the Wet N Wild Lust palette.
Outer V and Crease: Annabelle So Foxy and Ebony.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Lower Lashline: UD Corrupt.
Falsies: Ardell #138 Black.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.

THE EQUIPMENT

 

THE EYES



THE LIPS


THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Synth Dreads: Made by me.
Hair Flower: Made by me.
Headband: Le Chateau
Collar: Some goth store.
Dress: Pin Up Girl Clothing
Belt: Made by my friend Natasha.
Wrist Cuffs: Lip Service.
Leg Cuffs: Pleaser.
Shoes: Pleaser.
Cat: Captain James T. Kirk (he knows he's pretty)


I also had a cute handbag to go along with the outfit. This isn't a very good picture of it but the bottom of it has ruffles and looks like a skirt. My husband actually bought it for me from a local store a long time ago and he was pretty that he picked something out himself!

James wishes he could dress in fusion style.

What kinds of different styles do you like to mix together?

18 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love the mix of styles here, and that they all sort of still stick to a color scheme. (Colour, color :P). I also love that you included your cat in the breakdown ;) I don't know if I dress according to a certain style (other than the style of ME, ahaha), but I do like to try to mix elements of certain types of clothing sometimes, I guess - glam, comfy, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to rummage in your wardrobe! I'm not stylish enough to fuse anything, haha, but I've always loved so many subcultures fashion so I adore seeing what other people do to play with different "genres," if you know what I mean. I love the falls with the rockabilly dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really digging the look-- it flows so well together despite being from the different elements in alternative fashion. Kudos all round for an awesomely put together style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat is seriously cracking me up. He's so fluffy and unsuspecting in the background, but you can tell he just knows he's being photographed. And of course I love your outfit and makeup, but that's just normal by now. I guess if I had to say I mix something into my wardrobe, it's hipster lol. So embarrassing. I'm not small enough to be all out hipster (*phew*), but I do gravitate towards things like minty blue skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting combination! Love the pinup makeup. You paired some interesting pieces together to come up with a very unique outfit! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the synth-dreads. That's a cool dress as well.
    The style reminds me a little of Strawberry Switchblade.
    But with a slight modern twist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitty butt! Haha. You look amazingly gorgeous as always. I'm so terrible at fashion/accessorizing, etc that I have t o live vicariously through you. I love how everything you do comes together so well. I love your nails too! You know I'm a nail girl when they're one of the first things I notice in the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting combination , love it .
    And your shoes ... they are gorgeous ! I wish i could walk on such high heels ! And your makeup ... flawless as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, love the dress! I make a visit full of longing and disappointment to the PUG website about once a week (Niagara dress in Tiffany Blue, someday you will be mine...! Also the Tiki Twist dress in aqua that has FINALLY been restocked after a couple of years of being MIA). I really like how you accessorized this, and that shade of red lipstick is amazing on you. Also, when you said Capt. James T. Kirk wishes he could dress in fusion style, I had a vision of him wearing a kitty-sized version of your outfit. Major props to anyone who can make this happen for realsies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhh I love it and HELLZ YEAH to the fusion. Same same everyday is booooooring.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so hot! What a great dress. I adore your makeup! I would wear this every day. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delighted that I found your site, fantastic info. I will bookmark and try to visit more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love your look! I like it when different styles are mixed together. I don't really know if I have a style at all, but as I have an inner goth hiding in my mind, I try to put some tiny goth elements to an otherwise ordinary outfit (could be jewelry or a gothic looking top).

    ReplyDelete
  14. hot diggity daaaamn I love your style and ferociousnessssss!!! that dress is everythaaaang!!! love the makeup, as always, so sultry and shexxxyyyy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love that makeup! so hot..awesome dress too and shoes

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the hair and the dress, makes a great combo!!<3
    Cherries are the best!

    ReplyDelete