A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, July 20, 2012

Livin' La Vida Loca

Whilst looking at my new Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca palette and pondering what sort of look to try with it, I began hearing voices. "Do a look with ALL THE COLOURS AT ONCE," they said. "YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO." So that is what I did. I decided to live la vida loca and just PUT THEM ALL ON!!! Just so you know, I don't actually hear voices. However, every time I look at this Mi Vida Loca palette I just can't get "LIVIN LA VIDA LOCA" out of my head!!!! DAMN YOU RICKY MARTIN!!!!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics blush in Afterglow and She Lies (A Hot Mess Cosmetics = I made them, lol.)

LIPS: I originally did this look with Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Visual Kei. However, I had to go out and run errands and I thought that perhaps the bright lips with the colourful eyes was a bit overkill. I switched to MAC Dazzleglass in Pleasure Principle which is clear with sparkles that shift blue and pink.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
All shadows were from the Mi Vida Loca Palette
Browbone: Swan Song.
Inner Lid: Altruism and Sparklehorse.
Mid Lid: Marya and No Regrets.
Inner and Outer V: Drama For Your Momma and Mad Max.
Lower Lashline: Dublin and Autograph Pencil in Wonderchild.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Mascara: Maybelline the Falsies.
Lower Lashes: Medusa's Makeup Mascara in Envy (it's green!).

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS

Fyrinnae Visual Kei Lip Lustre.
MAC Dazzleglass in Pleasure Principle.

THE RICKY MARTIN

SHE BANGS! SHE BANGS! ARGHH!!!!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD RICKY!!!


THE EYES



THE LOOK





So which do you prefer? Bright lips or shiny sparkly lips?

On a side note, does anyone out there know if Ricky Martin still makes music? I don't really follow mainstream music anymore, I would have no idea. If so, could someone please stop him? Thanks.

21 comments:

  1. Her lips are devil red, and her skin's the colour mocha!

    I adore the eyes, I've never even thought about wearing all the colours, I may have to rethink my way of life. As for Ricky Martin, no clue what happened since he came out of the closet. :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at your last paragraph there.

    I love this look! So very much. I think I actually prefer it with Visual Kei - the lack of sparkles actually makes it seem less over-the-top, somehow. Both are beautiful, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the pink lips sets the colourful eyes off perfectly! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't choose between the lips,; they both look great. You are so gorgeous, lady! I'm sure you hear it a lot but it never hurts to hear it again! ;) And now I have that song stuck in my head, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO PRETTY. Ricky Martin would approve I'm sure. My favorite is with the brighter lips... it just works so perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha! I laughed so hard over the first paragraph! I don't know how many times I've looked at a palette and wanted to wear all the colors at once! I had to go back and see what blush you were wearing, so stunning! You made some amazing blushes! And I think I may prefer the bright lip just a bit more, even though both look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for getting Ricky Martin stuck in my head...eek!

    Seriously gorgeous look...I love it! The bright lips are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, now we've both made really terrible "she bangs" Ricky Martin jokes on our blogs...

    But thanks, now I have Gary Numan's Cars stuck in my head from the Pleasure Principle reference.

    Anyway, great look... I have to say, I'm liking the sparkly lips! It's a nice contrast in texture from the eyeshadows. The look is colorful without looking garish, quite an accomplishment; I do NOT think I could have pulled that off with this palette, but then again, you're so much better with bright colors than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The random Ricky Martin insert cracked me up. I actually prefer the look with pink lips because I don't think the eyes or the lips are all that loud. Together, there is a nice balance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it ! Great job you did with all the colors . Really love this one on you and sparkly lips for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You remiiiiiind meofawomangotonething ON HER MIIIIIIIND. I think I like this with the brighter lips, but the sparkly one is also adorable on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how this turned out! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes he is hard to get out of the head!! Gosh if only knew! I really don't know if he still makes music because like you i don't keep up with his kind of music, all i know is that no one was really surprised when he came out as gay. No shit sherlock!!
    Oh and those "voices" of yours, there really is nothing wrong with them. It was good of you to take all of the colours in one look! Hell yeah!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  14. Personally I love the bright lips.

    Also that eyeshadow combo, if it had been described to be, I would have thought it would be a mess, but seeing it here... It looks amazing! I'm not usually a big colour fan, but I love this, especially as it contrasts with your hair.

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. BUMMING. This is so so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. New follower here!

    I do so enjoy the way the bright lips set the rockabilly type tone, whereas the glitter one strikes me as a more mainstream look. Both great in their respects, but I prefer the bright.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love this! I didn't think the palette would be this nice, being all pastel. I love how you made it pop by wearing all of them at once. I like both lips with this look, but I love the bright one more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH. MY. GOD. This is my favorite look from you -- all time everrrrrrrr!!!! I am obsessed with hoe glorious rainbow colors are on you!!! you totally rock like an intergalactic butterfly!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow the eyes are amazing! And I sort of love Ricky Martin, but I feel your pain of finding him stuck in your head :P

    ReplyDelete