A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yves Saint Laurent Lip Stuff

Here are a couple of lip products from Yves Saint Laurent. Aren't the cases pretty? I feel so fancy carrying them around!

Left: Voluptue Sheer Candy Glossy Balm Crystal Color in 02 Dewy Papaya
Right: Rouge Voluptue Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick in 17 Red Muse

One of the products that I tried was Voluptue Sheer Candy Glossy Balm Crystal Color (could they have given it a longer name????) These are sheer balms that give your lips a bit of tint. They are scented according to their names, i.e. I got Dewy Papaya so it smells like....papaya. I actually don't care for the smell of it. I got this product so I could wear it at work and swipe some on really quick to give my lips a bit of colour and shine (I don't wear much in the way of coloured lip products at work because I drink coffee while I work and often don't have time for touch ups). These balms are all very sheer but some provide more tint than others. They are supposed to be moisturizing but I don't really think they do a great job in that department.

The other product that I have is a Rouge Voluptue Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick. I picked Red Muse, which is a slightly orangey red. These lipsticks are very creamy and high quality. They are fairly long wearing and highly pigmented. They are expensive, but in my opinion you are getting a high quality product for the price in this case (which is NOT the case with all high-end products). I'm also lusting after Red Taboo and perhaps one of the nude shades.

SWATCHES

Left: Red Muse
Right: Dewy Papaya

LIP SWATCH

Red Muse
Have you tried any YSL lip products? What did you think of them?

7 comments:

  1. Never tried a YSL product lip or otherwise, too pricey for me. Maybe I'll save up for a lippy though as that red looks gorgeous on.

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too pricey for me, but I must treat myself one day. I'll wait until they change thier name now, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red one on you! I haven't tried a YSL item yet, but I finally got a Guerlain one this past Christmastime, so I feel sort of accomplished

    ReplyDelete
  4. That red is gorgeous on you! I do not own any YSL cosmetics... I bought a coral lipstick once, but the formula was too "soft" for my taste, and I ended up returning it. What a shame, the color was gorgeous, I just couldn't get used to the formula!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Forbidden Burgundy, which is this plummy shade. I find them really slippery, so I'm not sure I'll purchase any more, as I feel a bit paranoid with it on - I always feel like it'll just get over my entire face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Red Muse! I think you'd love Red Taboo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red Muse is an awesome red!!! Pricy, but oh-so-glamorous :))

    ReplyDelete