A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Hot Tropical Mess

Ever take pictures of a makeup look and then never end up posting them? This is one of those looks. I found it in a folder entitled "A Hot Tropical Mess" and it is from over a year ago!  I think I named it as such because after I looked at the pictures I wasn't too fond of the colour combination because it reminded me of a tropical sort of theme. Now that I look at it again, I think it's kind of neat. I did this look out of boredom in the spring of 2011 when I was stuck at home studying for my licensing exam for my job (I can tell because it looks like I haven't had a hair cut for like 3 months in the picture lol!) These colours remind me of summer, so I figure that now is a good time to post this old forgotten look before summer comes to an end and we can get into fall!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Burlesque.

BROWS: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil (Brown).

LIPS: Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Romantique.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Inner Lid: Persephone Minerals Seahorse.
Inner V: Persephone Minerals Mars Crystal Power.
Outer V and Lower Lashline: Ben Nye Eyeshadow in Turquoise.
Upper Crease: Persephone Minerals Apricot Lush.
Upper Lashline: Mabyelline Liquid Black Eyeliner.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Mascara: Maybelline One By One.


THE EQUIPMENT



THE LIPS


THE EYES







THE LOOK

 

I can't wait for fall!!! I hate hot weather and I love boots and coats and vampy fall makeup collections!

Also, is Persephone Minerals no longer a company? I can't find their online shop anymore. If anyone has a link to their current shop or knows if they are still in business, please let me know!

15 comments:

  1. I think this is a really fun look! However, I can't wait for fall either... I like deep red, berry, black and grey colors for clothing and makeup the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could pull off pinks/peaches but those colors always look sickly on me :( You wear them well, though!

    I haven't heard of Persephone Minerals before but I quickly looked them up and their product swatches look amazing. Sad to see that their shop is nowhere to be found... maybe they will be back? It's strange that there isn't any information about it, though (not that I could find at least).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth do you pull off all the colours under the sun so well?!? I can't make blues work for me for love nor money! I am looking forward to fall/Autumn too! It's by far my favourite season, pumpkin and gingerbread lattes, scarves, hats, fallen leaves, being able to wear makeup without sweating it all off! And all the vampy lipsticks and nail polishes of course! Ooo you've got me all excited now, roll on September! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove fall, too, for many of the same reasons - coats and boots and fall makeup vampiness! I find that I'm really enjoying summer this year, though, so I'm not impatient about it so far.

    I love Fyrinnae Romantique...I need to pull that one out again and give it some love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seahorse looks beautiful.
    I've found pictures like this too. One's that I hate when first looking at them and then months later I wonder why I was so critical of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't it crazy that we can hate something at one point and look at it later and love it? cuz i love this look, very nice colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I agree with 'hot' and 'tropical' but that ain't no mess ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh reminds me watermelons! And now that you mentioned it, I was following Persephone's Minerals blog but I don't hear anything from them anymore. How strange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning, hun! This is one of my favorite color combos :D I'm sad Persephone Minerals had to shut down, as the shades are so beautiful.

    I am with you on the hot weather. I hate it so much! And I live in Las Vegas, where summer is hell and fall is just warm :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. "A Hot Tropical Mess" made me giggle, but it's totally inaccurate. Ok not totally, it could be hot and tropical, but not a mess at all. I am with you on being ready for the makeup melting heat to be done with, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like "a hot tropical mess" haha
    But i love it girl ! It's such a fun look .
    Oh yes , i have picture from over a year too , never been posted ...
    I love the summer , but also fall ... especially when halloween comes in :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. And NOW I see why you take photos of your equipment - I'd have NO idea what I used if I looked at a look from that long ago! You look adorable and I love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol I hate the hot too but dread below 0. I wish the coledest it ever got was +12 and hottest like 18.
    Also for Persephone, she had a whole bunch of personal stuff crap on her so I believe she called it quits. It might just be temporary but I can't remember now :( It happened awhile ago and my memory is so bad.

    ReplyDelete