A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pretending to be a Fancy Lady

Here is another old look. I really need to get my ass in gear and post some of my stuff! Anyway, this is something I wore to go out for a nice dinner. I used my Armani Eyes to Kill shadow and some Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque so I could pretend I was very fancy. Then, I ended up screwing up my hairdo, abruptly bringing myself back to the real world in which I am actually somewhat of a mess.

The Armani eyeshadow is a dark reddish black colour when applied with a heavier hand, but if you blend it out it actually can be used as a nice complement to neutral shades.  Thankfully it is at least somewhat versatile considering the price of the damned thing!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Smashbox Double Take Fusion Cheek palette.

LIPS: Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Lacque. (Can't go wrong with this one!)

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid: Mac Pigment in Sunnydaze.
Crease/Outer V: Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Eyeshadow in #2 Lust Red.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Waterline:  UD Perversion.
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies Flared (It sucks! I was attracted to the cute wings on the packaging.)

THE EQUIPMENT

 
THE LIPS

 
THE EYES
 





THE LOOK


Something's gone wrong here. I hate when I screw up my hair, ARGH! That's what you get when you try to be all fancy-like.
 
Do you have any products that make you feel fancy?
 

10 comments:

  1. You do look fancy! My bff and I want to pretend to be fancy for our birthdays. This could be an idea for the makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are totes a fancy lady! I love the shadows you used. I think red lipstick and/or a cat eye make me feel fancy... But usually clothing does the trick better than makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look fancy :) That is such a stunning red...I think I want to pick up one of the new liquid lipsticks that's out in so many brands, and of course I want a red one. I think red lipstick is one of those things that always makes me feel fancy - and a nice pair of earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that lippy! It looks almost like it's foiled. Hair is one of those things that is foreign to me, one day I'll learn the secrets of how to tame it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you look beautiful :) I'm kickinbg myself for never picking up Dragon, it's such a stunning colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady, you don't need to pretend, you are über fancy and seeeexxxxxyyyyyy!!! Love this look -- the eyes especially :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fancy it is lady !
    I'm afraid of true red lipsticks , so maybe the moment i would try it i feel fancy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great red lip. I love a red lip but can't be arsed to take the time to apply it on myself most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can you get bored of your clubbing clothes??? They look awesome!!
    And i like that saloon stlye on you, your mother was right!!!
    And as always, i say high five to your thick eyeliner!! Hell yeah!!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete