A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, August 24, 2012

Product Comparison: Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Eyeshadows vs. L'Oreal Colour Infallible

I had been eyeballing the very pretty looking Armani Eyes to Kill shadows for quite some time and I eventually caved and bought one. My first thought was HOLY BALLS THESE ARE EXPENSIVE!!!!! Shortly afterward, I was definitely kicking myslef for buying it because the L'Oreal Colour Infallible eyeshadows came out. These are the only "pressed pigment" types of shadows availabe from a drugstore brand that I know of and they are really nice!! Read on for a product
comparison........

Armani Eyes To Kill

PROS: The quality of these pressed pigments is very high, they have excellent pigmentation and andherence and are very smooth to apply. There are also some unique colours within the range. The packaging is very sturdy and feels high-end.

CONS: THESE ARE FRIGHTENINGLY EXPENSIVE ($42 Canadian)!!! They are nice, but not THAT nice, JEEZ. If you pay the money, you are getting the brand identity (if you care about that sort of thing) and a few unique shades but I don't really think it's worth it overall.

L'Oreal Colour Infallible

PROS: These pressed pigments apply very nicely and have fairly decent adhesion and slip. They are also very pigmented. The packaging is nothing special but it is nice. There is a fairly wide range of colours to choose from ranging from neutrals to brights to darker colours. I think they are a good price as well (when they are on sale, you can get these for $8 Canadian, give or take.)

CONS: As I mentioned above, these shadows have decent adhesion and slip, but I think it could be a bit better. They don't stick to my eye as well as I would like them to so I have to layer them on a bit. While the colours that are available are very pretty, there aren't really any super unique shades available, in my opinion.

TIME FOR A GUESSING GAME!
 

I bought Eyes to Kill #2 Lust Red . Then I noticed 13 Burning Black from L'Oreal. They look different in the pots but.....


...see if you can tell the difference by looking at the swatches! They're not EXACTLY the same, but for the price difference, I don't think it matters! Which one do you think is the Armani one?


Anyway, I like to buy things from high-end brands every now and then as a treat and to pretend that I am fancy. However, I try to pick things that are unique or not available from less expensive brands or things that are really high quality. In this case, I wish I would have picked one of the more unique shades that is available from the Eyes to Kill line rather than something that I found an almost exact dupe for. (In my opinion, the more unique shades of the Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadows are #20 Obsidian Black, #4 Pulp Fiction, #3 Purpura, and # 1 Blast of Blue).

Here are a few more swatches of some L'Oreal Colour Infallible shadows:

14 Eternal Black


 
From left to right: 2 Hourglass Beige, 5 Purple Obsession, and 21 Sahara Treasure.
 


 
I've been seeing a lot of ladies rocking many different shades of these L'Oreal shadows in looks lately and from what I can see there are a lot of awesome colours available! I'd definitely recommend trying these out. If you're a fancy lady and want to try one of the Eyes To Kill shadows, perhaps stick with the more unique shades.

Disclaimer: Products were purchased by me.

***Also, in the comparison picture, the L'Oreal shadow is on the right and the Armani shadow is on the left!***

8 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of the Armani ETK shadows, but I do have two of the L'Oreal ones and I do think they are nice! I wish that there weren't so many different ones for different countries, though - most of the ones that I want are only available outside of the US, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the comparison right! Woo!

    I love the colour of Lust Red & Burning Black. May have to purchase the L'Oreal one. I've had my eye on these L'Oreal shadows for awhile, may have to pick one or two up now.

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I'm having comment issues today. Anyway the one on the right looked like the L'Oreal one to me and I was actually thinking I liked it better. Glad I was right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Eternal Black and I love it. It doesn't look like Burning Black is available in the US, which is a shame because I would love to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been curious about how the Infallible shadows stack up to the Armani version! I've heard lots of people say they are similar, but no one seems to have much experience comparing them, so I really appreciate this! I have been really happy with L'Oreal's Infallible shadows, so I think I'll stick to those... I love how pigmented they are and how metallic some of the shades can be when patted on! Your post reminds me that I need to get more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the purple swatch on the right is a bit more vivid, but if that's the pricy one, i'd easily go for the cheaper version :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thanks so much for this comparison post! It was really helpful. I like knowing that for products as hideously expensive as that, there are much cheaper alternatives out there! The colors don't look that similar when in the pot, but they DO look much more similar when swatched! I haven't tried any of L'Oreal's Infallible colors yet, but I can't wait to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete