A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, September 10, 2012

Goth Club Look: Victorious

I'm getting bored with my clubbing clothes. I usually go for cyber-y types of things for the most part but I'm becoming more and more drawn to more fancy Victorian-inspired clothing. I want to wear heavy fabrics and lace and ruffles and feathers and sparkly jewelry. I also want to try to make an epic steampunk outfit as well that features bronzey colours and my least favourite colour ever......BROWN. My lust for something new reminded me of another old look that I never posted that was centered around a rather poorly made Lip Service ensemble. It is one of the few things that I have in the way of ruffles and lace. The outfit is made of ugly fabrics and the top is not boned, nor is it long enough for my torso, thus I must wear it over top of another corset. The skirt is also too short for me. My mother bought it for me many years ago and she said it made me look like I worked in a saloon. Despite all of this, it is still fun to wear to change things up a bit.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Pin Up.

LIPS: MAC Media lipstick.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy was used as well.
Lid: L'Oreal Colour Infallible eyeshadow in 13 Burning Black and Evil Shades eyeshadow in Cranberry Champagne.
Outer-V and Upper Crease: My Pretty Zombie Coffin Critters.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner and Lise Watier Eye Glitter Liner in Black Diamond.
Lower Lashline: Make Up Forever Aqua Liner in 11 Diamond Burgundy.
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies.

THE EQUIPMENT

 
THE LIPS


 
THE EYES

 
 
 
LOOKIN' CRABBY



THE OUTFIT

 
 
 
Top and Skirt: Lip Service (Blacklist).
Cameo collar: Made for me by my friend.
Lace cuff: Made for me by my friend.
Gear necklace: don't know the brand.
Hair clip: Moon Maiden Jewelry.
Headband: Le Chateau.
Dreads: By me.
Shoes: Metropolis Shoes (now Hades).
 
I know that dreads coordinate poorly with this sort of outfit, however, I have had short hair for a couple of years which also coordinates poorly with this sort of outfit.
 
OTHER ACCESSORIES
 
 
I brought along my walking-stereotype kitschy coffin purse from Demonia. (Hey, it's huge and holds a bunch of stuff and has a mirror inside of it!) I also found a new purpose for a super old shawl that my sister had given to me that she didn't use anymore. It works as a nice little cover-up for mild weather.
 
 
YAY, it's finally getting cooler out! I am DYING for some fall makeup collections to be released!!! What's on your fall makeup wishlist?
 

17 comments:

  1. Front View: Oh that's nice. I like that colour.

    Back View: HOLY GOD GIVE ME THAT SKIRT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, love the back of the skirt!

      Delete
  2. Love that makeup look! The lip color is great on you. And I agree with Bekka above, that skirt is nice from the front, but super cute from the back! I am really exited to see what you come up with for a Steampunk ensemble! I went to a "steampunk" event yesterday that ended up being more folk/ hippie with some top hats. I was SO disappointed, I felt kinda betrayed... Oh well. I guess this gives me time to get a better outfit made for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dreads with it! :) I also adore the necklace. Are your heels New Rock? My friend and I were in the city last week and we walked past a new alt shop with New Rocks in the window and we both went crazy, it was the first time either of us have seen them in person. I cannot WAIT til they open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sexy :)
    Really love it and the makeup is beautiful too :D
    Love the reddisch shades here !
    I can't wait for the fall collections too ... i'm excited to see Darling Girl's newest Halloween collections that's going to be released soon !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The back of that is skirt is amazing! Also, love the lip colour. I think someties you just have to change your style up a little or you get quite stuck in a rut, or at least I do.

    I cannot wait for fall in general, but I'm also really looking forward to Darling Girl's halloween collection as its one of my fave holidays. :)

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a cheesey coffin bag as well, holds a bunch of stuff! I love the bustle skirt and your SHOES. Omg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the lip colour! Very sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red and black cut crease and Media on the lips. Perfect.
    (I have that purse too. tee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet dress!!! I love the lacy back on it. It reminded me, have you checked out Damsel in This Dress? They make a crapton of corsets. CRAPTON! I want the Button Panel Torian corset but I'd have nowhere to wear it. Unless I feel the need to accentuate my waist while picking out apples at Safeway. WHO DOESN'T?

    ReplyDelete
  10. MY GOD this is ferocious!!! You always SLAY your outfits :))) LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore that skirt! I love the eyes, especially that lid colour. Burning Black doesn't look like this on me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look magnificent! And I love, love, love your lips color :).

    Your blog is great n_n.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my god, that shawl is archaically old. I thought it looked familiar before I read the post. I can't believe you still have it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I happen to have that same coffin bag as well, and was wondering if the cross part is velvet or velveteen? I can't tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete