A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Imperative Reaction

Recently, I travelled to a nearby city to see Imperative Reaction. This was before I found out that they would be putting on a show where I live next weekend! (Yes, I'm going to see them again!) Anyway, they were really good live except for the fact that their performance and sound is migrating slightly toward a rock band-ish feel rather than a more electronic feel which I prefer. Two of the opening bands were some lovely examples of Canadian (REPRESENT!) electro/inustrial/cyberpunk: Left Spine Down and Virtual Terrorist. Of course, this sort of event calls for some dark makeup! I used the Sleek Sparkle palette which is one of my goth makeup go-to's as it is full of dark and sparkly shadows!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud with some Sleek Noir on top.

CHEEKS: Morgana Cryptoria Blush in Gravely.

LIPS: Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Diabolic Masquerade.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows from the Sleek Sparkle Palette: Tinsel, Star Light, and Glitz & Glamour.
Eyeliners: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, UD Perversion, Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Eyeliner in Plutonium.
Mascara: Lise Watier 24 Hours Glam.
Falsies: Sephora Mink.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES



THE LIPS



THE LOOK




CRAPPY HOTEL LIGHTING OUTFIT PICTURE
 

Cyberlox: By me
Goggles: I Kick Shins
Dress: Lip Service
Corset: Deadly Couture
Stockings: Ebay
Boots: Demonia

IMPERATIVE REACTION
 


OBLIGATORY PHOTO WITH CONKY

 
20 points for you if you know who Conky is!
Been to any good concerts lately?

5 comments:

  1. This came out awesome! The dress is pretty cool, too (the whole outfit, but for some reason I am drawn to the dress most specifically) I haven't been to a show in years. Matt still goes, but I think I convinced myself that I'm too old for such things. I don't mean in a maturity way, I mean in a " they last past bedtime and there are always so many young hooligans" way. I just rock out to my music in my car while I drive now. It's a concert for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your makeup it's beautiful! I'm a sucker for any eyeshadow that has a sparkle to it hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that lip color on you! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love that glittery black eye look, and the lips look awesome, too - black, but still glossy.

    I'm not much of a concert girl, unfortunately. Runs past my bedtime and all that, hahaha. Man, I think I was born old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good god lady, you are SMOKING. I love that waist cincher with the boots. ERRRGH. This makes me want to do black eyes and lips too!

    ReplyDelete