A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, September 24, 2012

Neutral Eyes, Bright Lips

Hello! Here is an everyday kind of look that I would wear to go shopping or run errands and whatnot. I sometimes like to throw on a brighter lip colour when I do boring neutral daytime appropriate makeup just to keep myself amused. I'm wearing Fyrinnae Shangri-La Lip Lustre which is one of my favourite shades; it's actually a bit more purple than it looks in my pictures.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess (totally did NOT go with the rest of this look, FAIL!)

LIPS: Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Shangri-La.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: From UD NAKED: Gunmetal and Creep. From UD NAKED 2: Verve and Pistol.
Eyeliners: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, UD Stray Dog, and UD Perversion.
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies.

THE EQUIPMENT

 
THE LIPS
  
 
THE EYES



 
THE LOOK

 
What are your favourite lip colours for spicing up a daytime look?


11 comments:

  1. That lip color looks great on you! I wear red lipstick with a simple eye when I want to feel fancy without spending a ton of time on my makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice and vivid shade and it rocks on you :D
    Mine ... hmmm ... if i take something brighter it would be Revlon Lip Balm in Peach Parfait .

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like this lippie, gorgeous look! it's flattering

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lipstick! I love the color you used.

    I don´t have a favourite lips color, I love the change: sometimes red, sometimes pink, other days purple...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that lip color! I also really like your necklace. I think I like to change it up a lot on the weekends when I run errands, though I don't always have a full face on when I do that - depends how lazy I am. My go-to is usually red, though, or actually, that new Armani lately - vampy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright lips with boring eyes (yours aren't, mine are much more minimal because I'm teh lazy) has become my go-to. I've been doing a lot pinks for summer (magenta, bubblegum and neon) I think I'm going to move back to peaches and oranges for the fall, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, a great color for your lips and skintone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I love my Naked palette, but haven't sprung for the Naked 2 yet. I usually go for a pale pink lip color. I don't go much darker than that. But I'm trying to break out of that mold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you still make neutrals look like you. They're too badass to be boring :P

    I'm generally a neutral lip sort of person... sometimes just a nice, colorless, glossy balm and I'm set. I do rather like the pH Matchmaker lipgloss from Physician's Formula, though. It's a nice, bright, candy pink. And that junk STAINS. FOREVER. It's kind of wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always amazed by your symmetrical eyeliner flicks. I am working up to that level, but am not quite there yet. I tend to be a bright lipstick person in general, so I really like this look. That lipgloss is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love a classic red for spicing up a neutral lip, but sometimes I go for fuschia or even purple.

    ReplyDelete