A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Swatches: Fyrinnae Lip Lustres

Over the last little while I have accumulated quite a collection of Fyrinnae's Lip Lustres. They are a unique lip product in my opinion as I have never tried anything else quite like it. They have great pigmentation, are buildable and non-sticky, and dry down on your lips for excellent wearing time. They are also great for layering over lipsticks for a really cool effect. My favourite part about them is that they come in a wide range of both wearable and unnatural colours so they're great for experimenting and club looks!(Note: availability of colours is somewhat inconsistent.) My one complaint is that they are a bit drying to the lips but I tend to have really dry lips all the time anyway. On to the swatches!

THE PACKAGING
 
 
The taller tubes in the middle of the above picture reflect current packaging, to my knowledge. The smaller tubes on the left and right are older packaging.

THE SWATCHES
 

 
From left to right: Visual Kei, Ultra Phantom, Type A, Sweetest Poison, Shangri-La, Romantique, Panda Love, Narwhal Nuzzles, Meloncholy, Less Than Three, Ghostly Voice, Fanservice, Diabolic Masquerade, Coffin Velvet, Candy Decadence.
 
Wearable Favourites: Visual Kei, Shangri-La, Type A, Meloncholy.
Pretending to be Fancy Favourites: Sweetest Poison, Romantique.
Goth Club Favourites: Pierced, Diabolic Masquerade.
Layering Favourites: Ultra Phantom, Ghostly Voice, Candy Decadence.
 
I am a bit crabby about my swatch photo as I had left Pierced in my clubbing purse so I missed it in my photo. However, it shall have its own swatch photo because it is my favourite!
 
PIERCED
 
 
Gunmetal lips FTW!!
 
What do you think of Fyrinnae's Lip Lustres?

13 comments:

  1. wow, so cool! great swatches. i only have romantique but after seeing this i may need meloncholy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diabolic Masquerade and Coffin Velvet! Come to meh! Going to have a look now and see if they're still available! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look gorgeous! I haven't tried any of the lip lustres, but I've heard great things about them. Man, Type A looks like something I could get down with, and Pierced looks like it would be SO MUCH FUN to play with! I don't know if I have the nerve to wear it out, but I would love to try to work my way up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have Romantique, but I really like it, and would probably get more, but haven't had another color call to me. It's just as well, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lip lustres. I need a full size of Narwal Nuzzles and I'mma recommend you Isis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my lawd thats a lot of lipgloss! Love that coral colored one in the middle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really digging coffin velvet. I wonder if it would suit my skin color... black lips do absolutely nothing for me except make me look like a fashion victim lol-- so although I love that gunmetal gloss seems kick ass, I feel sad I can't pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite a collection! I only have two that I bought quite a while ago: Puppy Love and some other pink I can't remember the name of right now, but I would love to try some more colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow the colors are incredible!!! I need to get my hands on these asap :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a fan of the formula of these at all! Their colours are really interesting though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome overload! So much prettiness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, the swatches are pure awesomeness! I want every one of those!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think they look great! and wow to that collection of yours! don't you like want to have a fyrinnae lip month, one colour for each day! peoples reactions could be so fun haha!/Azure

    ReplyDelete