A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Club Look: Military Fashion Shoooooooowwwww (Couldn't RESIST!)

To start off my October dark makeup series, here is an outfit for clubbing that turned out a bit more "costume-y" than I was intending. I am weird about matching, but sometimes when you go overboard on matching you look a little bit like a crazy person. I put this outfit together after getting a new dress from Purpur clothing which is an Australian brand. I think the red and black dreads were just a bit too much; I have worn this subsequently with a plain black wig and think it looks much better that way as the hat didn't quite work with the dreads.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Brazen.

LIPS: Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Lacque.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: Sugarpill Love+ and Bulletproof.
Eyeliners: Maybelline Line Stiletto and UD Perversion.
Mascara: Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara (it sucks).

THE EQUIPMENT



THE EYES

Super lazy eye makeup! I rarely use only two eyeshadows in a look. Sometimes you just don't have it in you.

THE LIPS


THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Hat: Purpur Clothing
Dreads: By me
Goggles: I Kick Shins
Dress: Purpur Clothing
Undershirt: Le Chateau
Gauntlets: Purpur Clothing
Garter Belt: Coquette
Stockings: Leg Avenue/Ebay
Boots: Demonia

I was a bit disappointed with the fit of this dress. If you look at the pictures of it on the website, it looks like it will be rather figure-hugging and flattering to a curvier lady. It appears on the model to have room for a larger bust but comes in nicely at the waist for definition between these two areas rather than hanging straight down from the bust. Unfortunately, they may have altered it specifically to the model wearing it in the pictures because the dress I got is BOXY as all hell, which is not flattering to my figure. I had to corset it (I will NOT look boxy) which is unfortunate as it hides a lot of the military button detailing on the front.

I have had mixed luck when purchasing clothing online. Have you ever ordered anything that didn't quite work? Did you modify the piece or send it back?

12 comments:

  1. Problem with models is, the pinch their clothes in at the back to make it look perfect from the front. :( I love your dreads though! I dig red & black together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that hat! I have been wanting to make a steampunk army hat like that, and I found a pattern online, but I haven't tried it yet. Your outfit looks great, I think clothing is at its best when it leans "costume-y", but maybe I am biased!

    And yes, I have ordered things online that did not work... Which is why I rarely buy things online anymore :( I'd be super excited, then get it and be sooo upset. I got a dress from Heavy Red once that had this same problem, and another from Stop Staring!; they were both completely shapeless on, and the Stop Staring! one had a keyhole neckline, but the keyhole was uneven and waaaay big. I kept them both thinking I could alter them; the Heavy Red one wasn't bad enough that I couldn't wear it, it just wasn't as figure flattering as I had hoped it would be, but I never did get around to altering the Stop Staring! dress, and by the time I decided to send it back, it was too late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s lovely! :D I love the make up, and the complete look is great. Your goggles rocks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dreads are mahoosive! I quite like the lazy eye make up, it's simple yet effective. I'm wary of online shopping when it comes to clothes, according to the size charts I span a whole range of sizes so it's probably better if I actually go to the store to try it on or live without it. D;

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so awesome ! :D
    And love the makeup , of course !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's always my fear with ordering online items that I can't return to a physical store - I have absolutely no alteration skills and am lazy about trying to find a tailor (plus, expensive!) so I rarely order from purely online companies. Which is a shame, because some of them seem to have really nice items! I hate trying on clothing in store, too, though...clothes shopping in general is a pain! Love clothes, hate shopping for them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look; It's extreme but not overdone.
    That's a shame about the dress-- it does look rather fetching with the corset, though.

    I'm always apprehensive about buying clothing online. Generally if I decided I wanted an article badly enough, I save to get it. However when I spend more than $30 on a article of clothing, I expect it to fit without any efforts on my part to take it in. I haven't had any fit issues yet, but I can imagine the frustration behind the whole process of returning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I think you look great and I love Love+. Too bad on the fit of the dress. I've pretty much sworn off buying clothes online because I have an ample chest too and most alternative clothing lines do not account for that. Consequently I don't have many clothes so... maybe I should suck it up and just start getting things tailored. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red & black look. Shame about the dress shape, I find online shopping can be hit and miss when it comes to sizing, I'm afraid.

    I really love those goggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah,you surely look amazing! I love military outfits specially in blackxred,you did it so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your makeup is amazing, I follow you!
    Yebbeba ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your eyes look incredible. Love this outfit, too.

    ReplyDelete