A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Club Look: Orange, Black, and PAPERSELF

So here's an orange and black look because HALLOWEEN IS COMING if I haven't mentioned that before and nothing screams HALLOWEEN like orange and black. I also wanted to point out a product that I think would be very useful for Halloween: PAPERSELF false lashes. They have some cool designs which could be very useful for various costume ideas. They used to be really expensive but I got all my pairs for $5 in the Sephora bargain bins!! The lashes are a bit delicate as they are made out of paper but one can get mulitple uses out of them if one is careful. They are also HUGE so you will likely have to cut them. The pieces that you cut off can still be used as accents or on the lower lashline.

FACE: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, NARS Sheer Matte Foundation in Gobi, NARS Powder Foundation in Siberia.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics Blush in Stripped (made by me).

LIPS: MAC Morange lipstick and Black Lipmix.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, NYX JEP's in Milk and Black Bean.
Eyeshadows: Black and neon orange shadow from the Sleek Acid Palette, Stargazer Florescent Pressed Powder in Rogue.
Eyeliner: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
False Lashes: PAPERSELF.
THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES


OTHER RANDOM EYE WITH PAPERSELF THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS LOOK



THE LIPS

 

THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Dreads: By Me
Goggles: I Kick Shins
Necklace: ArtWith Latex
Dress: Ooh LaLatex
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

Have you ever tried PAPERSELF lashes? What did you think of them?

15 comments:

  1. Omg, your BEWBS. That dress is amazing! I love Paperself - I actually have these lashes sat at home - I got a whole different bunch of styles on sale at Claires. My sister got me my first pair for my birthday and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lashes are wicked ! Love you wearing orange and black ... BADASS !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to try Paperself lashes as I think the idea is fantastic, but I've never seen them on sale and they'e a little pricey for me. Also, maybe I should perfect my false technique first too!

    Love the look, especially the eyes. That orange is so bright, its amazing. It also pleases me that you always have the corresponding goggle lenses and dreads in the correct colour. My soul is very matchy matchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl! those lashes are bananas and that dresssssss! you look banging, what a sexy babe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sucky at lashes that I'm scared to use the Paperself ones. I know they're not that expensive any more, but I would still hate to ruin their awesomeness with my lack of application skills. They looks awesome on you, though, and I love that you used them as a lower lash accent, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Now I'd love to see you blink :D I don't think I could stand them, I sometimes already lose my balance when there's glitters flickering on my lashes dsitracting me from not bumping into things. But the lashes look badass, and it's a really pretty look :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I'm horrible with false lash application, though, so I don't think I'd ever try these...haha. The effect is so cool, though! And I love that neon orange on your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooooohhhhh lady, LOOK AT THOSE TATAS. You looking fine. But, err, more on topic, I LOVE the lips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those lashes look incredible with the rest of this look. The outfit is amazing, especially those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those lashes are FIERCE! And that dress...woo hoo!!! Sexy mama!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I have to point out the glaring BOOBAGE in the last pic. Yay boobies! Those lashes are so cool and really tie the look together. And did I read that right- you MADE the blush?! Does that mean you are starting your own company? *throws money at you* That blush is super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those lashes look amazing! I loooove the bright orange eyeshadow, and that dress is kickass. Awesome look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I honestly had never heard of paperself until your post. This is amazing! and you always do such badass makeup! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do they feel weird? I have a hard enough time with regular falsies since I wear glasses :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this!! the lashes are incredible -- I've been wanting to try those for so long!! Maybe I'll make a pair, you think it's easy to DIY??

    ReplyDelete