A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Club Look:Toxic Waste

One of the reasons why I enjoy Halloween so much is that it gives you a chance to experiment with your makeup and get away with it! Clubbing is another good excuse to do so. I often wear makeup to make a bold statement or to try something out rather than to attempt to look pretty.  I did the following harsh makeup for a night with a "post-apocalyptic" theme. Many people go for gas masks and shredded clothing for this type of look but I interpreted it in a more abstract way. When I think of a post-apocalyptic world, I picture swirling pools of radioactive nuclear waste. This reminded me of one of my dresses that has swirls of black and yellow in it; when I look at it I always think it looks like toxic waste or something. I did a somewhat messy glittery eyeshadow look to go with it.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: Sugarpill Bulletproof.

CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics Blush in Last Day On Earth (made by me!)

LIPS: Illamasqua Pristine, MAC Lipmix in Black, and Medusa's Makeup Eye Dust in Big Bird.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.
Eyeshadows: Sugarpill Bulletproof, Concrete Minerals Black Metal, Sugarpill Buttercupcake, Persephone Minerals Venus Love and Beauty Shock foiled with Lise Watier Metamorfix.
Eyeliners: Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner, UD Perversion.
Mascara: Maybelline Illegal Lengths (terrible!)

THE EQUIPMENT

 
THE LIPS
 
 
THE EYES


 
THE LOOK


IDIOT POSING TIME!


 
Goggles: I Kick Shins
Dreads: By me
Necklace: Artwith Latex
Latex Gloves: Polymorphe
Latex Dress: Polymorphe
Stockings: Ebay
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
 
Do you prefer wearing makeup for the sake of beauty or would you rather try something "ugly" to make a statement?

11 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorite makeup looks I've seen you do so far! The way you placed the yellow on the center of your lid is really neat. I usually do "pretty" makeup or dramatic makeup (which sometimes ends up not looking necessarily pretty), but I don't usually try to make my makeup unflattering or ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that's a killer look!
    I also love all the dreads you're wearing-- I'm looking into making my own, if I can manage to find the perfect shades for my ideal pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! So freaking incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DED <3

    I mostly wear makeup to look nice, but my view of looking nice might not be the same as everyone elses! And I think this is beautiful so I don't know what your point is :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's very cool! I love what you did with your shadow, and you are working that dress in the pic on the right girlfriend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fierce isn't even the word!!! you are so artsy and this look is no different. I'm obsessed with the eye makeup -- the yellow is just stunning -- plus the wings and the ethereal blending... I am in love. Your outfit is so hot, I would wear it in a heartbeat (though, I'm much more of a plain dresser haha)... seriously, you are smoking!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. That. THAT. That is probably my most favourite look of all your looks. I love the whole concept, and I love the way you did your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blown away by this look. That dress is amazing. Also, the stockings and shoe combo is inspired. Really loving your intepretation of apocalyptic.

    I adore your make-up too. The eyes must have taken you ages, but it looks sooooooo good. I love taking my make-up too far and tipping into ugly. Its fun and I tend to use make-up for myself not anyone else so why not go crazy with it?

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS SO HARD!!!! YELLOW = <3 I mostly just wear it to try for "pretty" but I don't ever go anywhere or do anything so I never have a reason to try for statement makeup. A few days my look turned out ugly in a but I kinda liked it for that, it was different, so I guess it just depends how stuff works out lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's just freakin' awesome !!

    ReplyDelete