A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Easy Zombie Makep

At this time of the year, I always see amaing zombie makeup from very talented bloggers. Lots of these involve gluing on wounds or other prosthetics and using liquid latex and the like. It looks awesome, but it is extremely time consuming to do so. Also, not all of us (myself included) are skilled enough to pull these more advanced techniques off. When I go out to Halloween events, I tend to not have a huge amount of time to do my makeup so I try to do simple things that will still look pretty neat. Here are some tips for doing simple zombie makeup that still has impact but is quick and easy to do.
STUFF I LIKE TO USE:

 
WHITE MAKEUP BASE:

This is the "background" for your look. Even if you want green or another colour of skin, it would make it easier to sart with a white base.

Example Products: Manic Panic Goth White, Manic Panic Virgin White pressed powder, generic white cream Halloween makeup.

PRESSED MATTE RED, BLACK, or PURPLE EYESHADOW:

Use the for contouring or reddening areas around wounds. The black is used to "dirty" the skin and contour. Both can be used around eye area. Purple is especially useful for making bruises!

Example Products: Sugarpill Love +, Manic Panic Vampire Red, Sugarpill Poison Plum, Sugarpill Bulletproof.

FOILING/LINING MEDIUM:

 I use this to make fake blood drops.

Example Products: Inglot Duraline, Lise Watier Metamorfix.

FAKE BLOOD:

Be sure to use lots of this!!!

LOOSE RED/BLACK EYESHADOWS:

I use this to create "fallout" to make the look more "messy".

Example Products: MPZ Epistaxis, MPZ Coffin Critters, Evil Shades Wiggle Dress.

DARK OR BLOOD-LIKE LIP COLOURS:

Use these on your lips or on other areas of the face.

Example Products: NARS Vevet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella, Evil Shades Corset.

RED LIP OR EYELINER PENCILS:

Use these for drawing wounds. Red looks really neat on the waterline!

Example Products: You can get cheap red lipliners from Annabelle or NYX.

EYELASH GLUE:

Use this for creating the texture of wounds. Put red and black makeup over top of the texture created. I find this to be a much easier way than liquid latex, etc. and it still looks pretty neat.

CONTACTS:

If you have some really neat lenses this really completes the look. Even if your makeup is simple, the contacts will really stand out!

I did the look below really quickly as I was short on time but I think it looked at least okay.


I used a lot of fallout for the look below and I really like how it turned out. I added red glitter to the blood for a cute touch.

 
This was my friend's zombie makeup from last year. She used white and black Halloween makeup and some fake blood. A lot of products weren't used but I think it looked really awesome. As you can see, the contacts really bring the whole zombie look together!
 

My Halloween costume this year requires zombie makeup. I am hoping it turns out really well even though I am going to keep my techniques simple.

Do you have any tips for zombie makeup for those of us not skilled in advanced techniques?

10 comments:

  1. Gah, this is amazing! That fallout effect is really awesome. This whole look feels very artistic and pretty, despite being kinda scary. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is absolutely amazing ! Scary ... YES ... but awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I love the dripping blood too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I like the glittery blood! neat idea. I'm torn between being a zombie or being a female Darth Vader for Halloween...Your zombie looks are making me want to be a zombie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, glittery blood is awesome. I think you do a great job with just makeup. I find that more impressive them using latex wounds, it takes more creative thinking imo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the nurse look! I am actually terrified of zombies, zombie movies, the whole thing (eek) so I can't offer up any advice, but the looks you did are great already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool post! I'm going to be in a zombie walk Monday, I'll have to use some of your tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, using liquid latex doesn't take that long. If you put the latex on first, and then do your eyes, by the time you're done, it'll have dried so you can rip it up. I LOVE the blood from your mouth in the second look, sexay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice. I love the addition of the red glitter. *stealing!*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your look, the glitter blood is genius -- I'm mad I didn't think of it haha :))

    ReplyDelete