A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Costumes! Poison Ivy, Batman, The Walking Dead

Here are some pictures from Halloween last year! That just goes to show what a lazy-ass blogger I am. I was also a lazy-ass costumer last year as I had already worn my Poison Ivy costume previously but I hadn't the time to come up with something new. My husband-esque man-partner went as Batman and my friend and her boyfriend went as Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead and a zombie cheerleader. I was feeling unwell and almost ended up not going out so my makeup was a lot crappier than I intended  but it did the job in the end.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics Blush in Baby Firefly (made by me) and NARS Orgasm.

LIPS: Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Styletto.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: Maybelline Colour Explosion Palette in Forest Fury.
Glitter: Lise Watier Eye Glitter Liner in Golden Green and Medusa's Makeup Glitter in Wicca.
Eyeliner: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, UD Perversion, UD Grafiti.
 
 
THE EQUIPMENT


PIECES OF THE COSTUME


This was pretty much a DIY costume.  I made the dreads, hairpieces, headband, necklace things that I glued on my face, and various other pieces that were worn in my hair.

THE LOOK


ME AND MY FRIEND


If I ever say "my friend made it for me" regarding a piece of my outfit, this is her.


This is what happens when you let drunk people take photos of you. FAIL!
 
THE WALKING DEAD


My friend make the patches for the Rick Grimes shirt.
 
CHUBBY POISON IVY AND BEARDED BATMAN LOL


To make my costume, I glitter-glued a whole wackload of leaves and hot-glued them to a bodysuit which I attached a bra to at the top for added support. I spray-painted an old pair of boots green and then sprinkled craft glitter on top.
 
THE JELLO BRAIN MADE WITH VODKA INSTEAD OF WATER *BARF!*


These two are coming to stay with us to go out for Halloween partying!
What are you doing for Halloween?


10 comments:

  1. You look amazing! I love what you did with your hair, is very original, and the butterfly detail is also very cute.

    Happy Halloween! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that your Poison Ivy isn't just a copy of all the others. It is special to you and amazing. It's one of those costumes I've considered for a long time (because of having red hair) but no way my chunky butt is getting into a body suit or any similar costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome, I'm really impressed you made the costume all yourself!

    We don't have any plans this year, just like last year. It makes me pretty sad cause I have a bunch of awesome costumes I haven't even worn yet, but I don't want to go to some random party with bad music. I will probably stay in watching movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cool costume! I really love the makeup - especially your custom-made orange blush, haha! So fresh. And your hair! I can't believe you made all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your Ivy is super super super SUPER good! You look just like her from the movie. Everyone else does it a bit different. Yours look soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cool costumes! I love that you did all the accessories for Poison Ivy... I feel like a lot of people who DIY costumes forget to accessorize! I am not doing anything for Halloween. I don't know anyone near where I live, it's a weeknight, and my boyfriend is lame and doesn't like dressing up for anything. Besides, I didn't finish the elaborate Tudor get-up I was working on (I have a hoop skirt, petticoat, corset, bodice, and a necklace... But no skirt/ sleeves for the outer layer, or hat... Bah!), and I don't care enough to go out of my way to do something just to wear an older costume I've worn before. :( Still kinda bummed about it, but I love this time of year for seeing everyone else's cool costumes! Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what a cooool take on poison ivy! hotness girl :D grooooosssssss brains

    ReplyDelete
  8. You still looked great! I hope you do something else fun this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look SO FREAKING HOT! LOL, vodka already clouds your brain - so it does seem appropriate to make one out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the costumes, and the brain! You look hot, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete