A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, October 1, 2012

Worksafe Monday: IT'S OCTOBER!!!!

WOOOO! It's October!! October is my favourite month of the whole year. I love the orange and red and yellow leaves, the vampy makeup, boots and fall fashions, and HALLOWEEN!! Summer is finally over so I can wear stuff that is flattering on me like scarves and boots and tights and blazers and coats! (I HATE summer clothes like shorts and sandals!) This October, I will actually be posting a bit more often featuring harsh, dark makeup and some Halloween costume looks as well.

Before I get to the fun stuff, I will behave myself for a brief moment. It IS Worksafe Monday, after all. Here is a look I wore to work recently which feels very fall-appropriate. It is actually much too heavy for my job but sometimes I get a bit carried away! Please excuse the unflattering full-face picture, I tend to look like sh*t ran over twice in the mornings before work!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundatin in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess.

LIPS: Doll Lip Stain by Silk Naturals.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: UD Naked: Virgin, Naked, Buck Darkhorse, Smog.
UD Naked 2: Foxy, Blackout.
Eyeliners: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, UD Perversion and MUFE Aqua liner in 11 Diamond Burgundy.
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies and L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara in Black Quartz.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES




THE LOOK


Who else is excited for October????

7 comments:

  1. Me, me, me!! I love Rocktober! I love your makeup too, your shadow looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's such a flattering lip stain!

    I'm not really into Halloween and costumes and scary things, but I do love the dramatic makeup that comes to life in the autumn season. Looking forward to seeing more of your creative looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you got me all excited for Halloween-y stuff, I want to boo you on this work-safe look. It looks really nice, though, so I can't. But seriously yay Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the lipstain and cheek color you chose, it's cute that it sort of matches your top :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally excited for October -- 1. Oktoberfest 2. Halloween 3. my bday :))) Great look darling, I'm so excited to see you using the Nakeds :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. While this casual look is quite stunning, and I'd definitely wear it, I'm more excited to see your dark looks! Ooh, such a way to ring in the festive month.

    I'm completely excited for fall season-- it's the only time of year where I relish buying clothes... fall fashion, halloween kitsch-- I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like october just because it's the month of Halloween and i also like the colors outside . The more coppery and reddish colors from falling leaves ...

    I like the look , it's absolutely work safe , no doubt :D

    ReplyDelete