A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Black Friday

Today is Black Friday.  From what I can tell, there are a LOT of great makeup sales going on! However, I am in a bit of a makeup "rehab" at the moment so I am not going to be buying anything (which actually feels kind of good, I have a lot of nice stuff already!) Anyway, here's some makeup that I did on Black Friday last year but didn't post because I'm way behind and it kind of sucked ;) I was wearing Potent Fig Mattene Lipstick from MAC which had a horrible finish to it and I was experimenting with Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy; I kind of screwed it up as you can see in the eye photos. I also started doing some classic goth filligree eyeliner and then realized I'm the only goth who can't do that so I stopped myself before it got any worse.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics blush in Crushed (made by me)

LIPS: MAC Potent Fig Mattene Lipstick.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.
Eyeshadows: A Hot Mess Cosmetics Space Oddity and Violet Storm (made by me), Sugarpill Weekender, Wet N Wild Lust Palette.
Eyeliner: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, UD Perversion.
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies Flared.

THE EQUIPMENT

 
THE LIPS

 
I was very disappointed in this MAC Mattene. Potent Fig (above) is rather sheer and applied unevenly. The other Mattene I have (Night Violet) has a nice, opaque, matte finish. The only way that Potent Fig works for me is over a lipliner which I am often too lazy to use.
 
THE EYES

 
First world problem: I can't do fancy eyeliner swirly type things.

 
As you can see, my eyeshadows look quite patchy due to my inexperience with Pixie Epoxy at the time. I have since figured out how to use it properly for the most part.
 
THE LOOK

 
Me and my uber-goth showerhead from my old place.
 
THE OUTFIT


 
Synth Dreads: Made by me.
Headband: Le Chateau.
Collar: Made by my husband to whom I am not technically married.
Top: Lelk.
Waist Cincher: Deadly Couture.
Gauntlets: Made by me.
Skirt: Ebay.
Boots: Demonia.
 
Did you find any good deals on makeup this Black Friday?
 

4 comments:

  1. I've been trying to restrain myself from makeup, too, and it does feel quite nice! I purchased gifts for other people yesterday, but even though there were so many Black Friday deals for makeup, I just couldn't summon up the energy to shop for it. Too much stuff!

    I love your eyeliner in these photos, though - I've never thought of doing designs with it (other than for the cartoon EOTDS I used to do, haha), and that's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Friday can jump in a lake and drag Cyber Monday with it >:( lol if I had money I'd have taken advantage of some great sales, which I'm sure is stuff I'm going to eventually buy anyway so it just makes sense to get it while it's cheaper and ultimately save money. Sadly, money is something I don't have right now so I've had to turn a blind eye to all the sales and friends talking about their own Black Friday purchases lol :( But I'm trying to look on the bright side.. like you, I have so much nice makeup already that I should be using, so I'm trying to think of things I can do with it to make myself feel better :)

    That eye look is quite different from anything I've ever done, I think it looks quite nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet mother of Jesus and all that is holy - you look freaking HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your makeup is awesome, specially your lips color, so beautiful. And your outfit is terrific, you look really great!

    ReplyDelete