A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, November 26, 2012

Cyber Monday

'Tis Cyber Monday. Seems like a good time to post a cyber goth look. For this look, I wanted to try out one of my new Tokidoki Prisma Lip Glosses that I got for $7 on sale at Sephora. The packaging is really cute (they have little sparkly thingers in the cap) and they make them in colours that don't necessarily belong in the lip area so I felt the need to give them a try. I am rather sorry I did because, in short, I HATE them. They are kind of oily in consistency and don't show up well on one's lips. Because of their oily consistency, if you layer them over lipstick, it disrupts the colour and causes bleeding to occur. They smell like weird candy and the applicator tip is a FLAPPY, FLAT, PLASTIC PADDLE. I have never encountered that before in a gloss and I did not care for it. I am glad I did not pay full price for these! 

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundatin. 

CHEEKS: MAC Mineralize Blush in Miss Behave, Hard Candy Moon Glow Luminizing Powder.

BROWS: Some eyebrow pencil or another.

LIPS: Morgana Cryptoria Gilded Lime lipstick (looks awesome without horrible Tokidoki gloss on it!), Tokidoki Prisma Lip Gloss in SANDy.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: From the Sleek Acid Palette.
Eyeliners: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, MUFE Aqua Liner #15, Sephora Long Lasting Liquid Eyeliner in Silver, UD Perversion.
Glitter: Medusa's Makeup Wicca and Neon Green (was sprinkled on decolettage, not visible in picture)
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies Flared.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES


You'd think I might pluck my god-forsaken eyebrows every now and again, jeez!

THE LOOK


Did you shop for any makeup this Cyber Monday? 
Do you like flappin' a paddle on your lips to apply gloss?

8 comments:

  1. Lipgloss you apply... with a paddle?! There is bizarre and then there is super flipping bizarre! That does not sound pleasant at all.

    On the other hand, I love your eye make-up! The dots and the line up the inner part of the eye just looks fab in the long shot. :)

    Cyber monday has crippled me. A few too many books, video games and, of course, make-up.

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gloss does sound odd. Looks cool in the tube, but no. When you go to the full face shot, though, you can barely tell it's trying to wreck havoc on your look.

    As for me, Cyber Monday wasn't too eventful until the end of the day when I decided I needed to buy a bluray player and a tv. Yup, good impulse buying Cass...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already bought too much lately , so i passed for Cyber Monday :)
    Badass look , as always !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that paddle applicator just sounds weird. I wish they would stick to doe feet or even brushes - though I prefer doe foot applicators. I bought some perfume on Cyber Monday, and some gifts. Still have more gifts to buy, though! The holiday season stresses me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this post last night but didn't comment, and I had a dream that a MUA from Tokidoki was promising to give me a makeover if I could find her home... It was strange. Anyway, sorry you didn't like that lip gloss! I never bought one, the applicator always kind of bummed me out. Regardless, you rocked this look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about flappin' a paddle, but this look is awesome! The eye makeup is so cool, I love it!

    ReplyDelete