A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Jewel Tone Look with Indie Cosmetics

I love fall makeup. Nothing screams fall to me like jewel-toned shadows and dark lips! Here is a look I did for going to a hockey game. I don't really like sports and that sort of thing but I am Canadian and as such one ends up at a hockey game against their will every now and again whether they like it or not. Even though a sporting event is not really something one needs makeup for, I slapped a bunch of makeup on anyway because THAT'S WHAT I DO. I used things from some of my favourite indie comapnies!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

CHEEKS: My Pretty Zombie Drugs Like Me Blush in LSD.

LIPS: Morgana Cryptoria Incantation Lip Balm.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: Fyrinnae Wicked, Madame and Eve's, and Conjuror.
Eyeliners: MUFE Aqua Liner #11, UD Perversion Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner.
Mascara: Maybelline Illegal Length, L'Oreal Double Extend in Black Quartz.

THE EQUIPMENT

 
THE EYES



 
THE LIPS

 
THE LOOK

 
Do you like to wear a boatload of makeup in situations where it is completely unneccessary?

7 comments:

  1. I think going to an sporting event that you're not interested in ABSOLUTELY requires makeup. At least then you can be distracted by people telling you look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wear a ton of makeup if I'm leaving the house, the odd time that I don't people stare and ask me if I did something different with my hair or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your eye makeup here! I've never worn a combination like that but now I feel like I have to try it - it's so gorgeous! Also, wearing makeup to a hockey game sounds completely normal to me :P It's just like anything else, right? I don't usually go out sans makeup unless I'm feeling very lazy or I'm going to go work out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love that lip color, and red eyeshadow has long been a favorite look of mine... you wear it well! I wear a ton of makeup whenever I feel like it, whether the occasion calls for it or not. No one has ever said anything to me about it, although I'm sure I've gotten my fair share of strange looks; whatever, I'm fabulous. *sassy hand gesture*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of this look, but especially the lipcolor! It looks great with your dark hair, you look classy and vampy :)

    And yeah, I work in a sports store and am the only woman wearing more than kohl pencil and mascara. I'm also tiny, so some days when I wear both bold eyes and lips, I am like the little weird sports store drag queen mascotte :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors you used are gorgeous on you ! I work in a mailroom and i wear everyday the full eyemakeup ... :) Sometimes neutral , other days a bit more colorful !

    ReplyDelete