A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Palettes

Good day! Today I bring you some late as f*** to the party swatches of the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion palettes. These were on clearance last summer, so I "accidentally" ended up getting all five of them. Each palette has a colour theme (green, blue, brown, purple, and pink) and has four eyeshadows plus a shimmery cream-type shadow that is meant for adding shimmer to the other shadows. The pigmentation and adherence are pretty good and they apply smoothly. Each palette contains shadows with different finishes and the colours in each coordinate well together. If you can find these at a clearance price, I think they are a great deal for anyone who is trying to expand their collection of basic coloured shadows. There are no groundbreaking shades here, but the colours are quite nice.

THE PALETTES


L to R: Forest Fury, Blue Blowout, Caffeine Rush, Amethyst Ablaze, Pink Punch.


FOREST FURY


BLUE BLOWOUT


CAFFEINE RUSH


AMETHYST ABLAZE


PINK PUNCH



4 comments:

  1. I have the blue one . I got it in a swap .
    Unfortunately i could not find these in Belgium , so i have just one :) I love the sparkle one in each palette , LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the lightest shade in the blue palette! I don't think we got these in the UK, I'll have to look. I don't think I've ever used Maybelline shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I like the green one. :)

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any of these, but I'm really feeling the super glittery color each palette has! WANT.

    ReplyDelete