A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Femme Fatale

Here's another example of my recent experimentation in the cabaret goth department. I really wanted to try out my new Femme Fatale Cosmetics stuff but all the colours were so pretty that I was having a hard time coming up with a look. However, I then thought of how Robyn from Stay Beautiful was doing "lucky dips" for awhile. I figured, "F*ck it, these colours are all beautiful, you can't really go wrong!" So I randomly picked 5 shades from the bag and went at it! I rather enjoyed the result, I should try that more often!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Femme Fatale Cosmetics Snowplum.

LIPS: NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Deep Purple, NYX Round Lipstick in Medusa.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: FFC The Nightmare, Blood's Shadow, The Dark One, Polymorph, Spirit Bond, Inner Madness.
Eyeliner: Maybelline Liquid Black Liner, Geisha Ink, UD Junkie & Perversion, Lime Crime Uniliner in Orchidaceous.
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies.
Fake Lashes: From KKCenterHK .

THE EQUIPMENT



THE LIPS


THE EYES



The ONE clear picture I get of my eye makeup and there is a freakin' CAT HAIR in my falsies!!! ARGH!
THE LOOK

The ONE non-blurry picture I get of my face and it is weirdly over-exposed and my mouth is open! ARGH!!
I was in this weird home decor/gift shop awhile ago and found this neat hair accessory. It has feathers and mesh and jewels and a rose and hanging chains with sparklies on the ends! I thought it would be good for my cabaret styings.


The earrings below I found for $4! I love great finds like this!


THE OUTFIT

For some reason, I wore boots with this outfit and they really don't go. ARGH! Heels would have looked a lot nicer with this ensemble.
Hair clip: Some random gift shop.
Wig: Shhhh! It's a Wig! JUST KIDDING it's from the goth store.
Necklace: Ebay.
Earrings: Suzy Shier.
Shrug: Local corset shop.
Corset: Sweet Carousel.
PVC w/ Lace Overlay Skirt: Handmade by my lovely friend.
Armwarmers: Handmade by me.
Bracelet: Le Chateau.

I have been having issues with taking photos in my house, the lighting is terrible, even in the daytime! Do you have any tips for lighting for photos? I am just terrible at this sort of thing!

13 comments:

  1. WOW lady, your outfit rocks!! I sincerely wish I had the balls to wear stuff like that. Hmmm, now I need to get some of those shadows. As for lighting, I think maybe if you had a white/light coloured background it'd brighten the pics up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the boots look great with the outfit, it picks up the buckle in the armwarmers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! I don't even think the boots look off, they work fine. Wish I could help with your lighting issue, but I can't even figure out how to take an outfit photo. Your husband takes yours, right? My tripod is too short for me I think and I wind up taking upward angles pictures that make me look more Jabba-ish than I actually do (I like to look the correct amount of Jabba)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely take outfit photos in the winter for exactly that reason - terrible lighting! If you have a big window that might help, but otherwise I have no idea how to get around it. You still look great, though, and even though you didn't like the boots with this outfit, they are killer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so pretty, it's unreal. And your outfit, hair, and makeup look stunning as usual. That wig is awesome on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I really like that skirt!!! And YAY lucky dip! I might have to do some more of those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Va va va voom honey!! Don't you just love cat hair btw? I got to work today and touched my arm, and the stuff just went flying. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look incredible! Definitely couldn't go wrong with an FFC lucky dip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! There is so much in this post, I don't even know what to comment on first! The bosom (obv choice haha), the corset (I must have it btw) and all the adornments are out of this world -- just like you, my intergalactic princess :) You are so true to yourself, I love your makeup and hair choices -- everything you do is so genuine and I admire it so much :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it all, but ESPECIALLY the earrings - they are so gorgeous!

    I have green eyes so I love me some purple eyeshadow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can get a shop light at the hardware store or use a reptile lamp to help with your lighting. Both have clamps so you can clamp it to something and angle the light to you. Depending on how much light you need, you can angle the lamp directly at you or indirectly at you to create a more diffused light. Hope this helps for your lighting situation. Keep up the awesome posts! I love your style and love watching you produce it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just think this entire look is totally slammin' and I think the purple eyeshadow on you is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete