A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Festival Kinetik 2012: Phase 3

For day 3 of Festival Kinetik, I wore one of my favourite colour combinations: orange and black! I did a pretty simple makeup look for the evening as I was running a bit late. When I am doing goth/clubbing makeup and I am in a hurry, a neon shade + black + lots of eyeliner always does the trick! For quick and cyber-y lips I like to do a bold/unconventional shade with a black line down the middle.

We got to see some awesome bands like Hocico and C-Lekktor (Mexican bands FTW!!), Noisex, Iszoloscope, and FCFG820.

FACE:  MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

LIPS: Lime Crime My Beautiful Rocket and MAC Lipmix in Black.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, NYX JEP's in Milk and Black Bean.
Eyeshadows: Stargazer Florescent Pressed Powders in Rouge and Orange, Sugarpill Bulletproof.
Eyeliners: Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner.
Mascara: Lise Watier 24 Hours Glam.
False Eyelashes: Ardell Fright Night Vampira.


THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS



THE EYES


HALF DONE!


THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Synth Dreads: By Me.
Goggles: I Kick Shins.
Necklace: ArtWithLatex.
Dress: OohLaLatex.
Watch: Nixon.
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell Night Nail.

FCFG820.  Jack Daniels made an appearance as well.
FCFG820 always lets a bunch of people up on stage to dance at the end of their show.
C-Lekktor.  The lead singer was super hot!!
Hocico
What are your makeup go-to's for when you're in a bit of a hurry to get out the door?

3 comments:

  1. That neon orange is insanely awesome! And your dress! And your shoes! I love the whole outfit, but especially that neon eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look so pretty! I love the black and orange! I also adore how you are so good at matching all your awesome outfits to your makeup!!!

    When I'm in a rush, I've been going for the winged liner and mascara. I'm kind of in an eyeshadow rut these days. I feel like I can never get it to blend or look the way I want it to. My go-to "in a hurry" eyeshadow is Braaains by Evil Shades. I got it in the pro size, and I am super glad I did because it's a great everyday color (for me at least, haha) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh!! I love this look so much. I think those stargazer shadows look so smooth and pigmented! I can't wait to try and recreate your eye look. That eyeliner shape with the orange flares on the outside are amazing. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete