A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, February 8, 2013

Festival Kinetik 2012: Phase 4

For the last day of Festival Kinetk, I wore red-themed makeup with a bit of sparkle! It is a more basic type of look that I like to combine with my more carabet/burlesque-goth types of looks.  I used two of my favourite products from Silk Naturals: Galaxy blush and Torn Fishnets eyeshadow. I would highly recommend Silk Naturals, they make some really nice stuff! 

Some of the bands we got to see were SITD, Blutengel, Beborn Beton, and S.P.O.C.K. S.P.O.C.K. were super fun to watch, they sing a bunch of songs about Star Trek and that sort of thing. 

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15. 

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

LIPS: Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Hellbent.

CHEEKS: Sobe Botanicals Duochrome Blush in Nouveau, Silk Naturals blush in Galaxy.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: Sugarpill Bulletproof and Asylum, Silk Naturals Torn Fishnets.
Eyeliners: Inglot Liquid Liner in 27 Silver, Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Eyeliner in Atomic Red, UD Perversion, Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner.
Fake Eyelashes: Ardell Bat Those Lashes.
Mascara: Lise Watier 24 Hours Glam.



THE EQUIPMENT



THE EYES



THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Pardon my idiot face!
Synth Dreads: By Me.
Hair Flower: By Me.
Necklace: Le Chateau.
Ribcage Necklace: Moon Maiden Jewelry.
Feather Bra: La Vie En Rose.
Gauntlets: OrdoAtraSerpentis.
Corset: Louise Black.
Skirt: Lip Service.
Stockings: Ebay.
Leather Garter: gift from friend.
Shoes: Metropolis/Hades Shoes.

Miss Construction
SITD

Beborn Beton, aka the people who sing "DON'T YOU WORRY THEY WON'T FIND MY BODY" and I get really annoyed that this is the only song they ever play at the club because it sucks to dance to.

Blutengel. They made a big deal about them coming to the festival but their performance was quite lacklustre. I thought they would have girls twirling fire like they do in their videos but they just had a couple of girls waving their arms around and such. 

S.P.O.C.K. Live long and prosper!

This year we will not be going to Festival Kinetik. Instead, we will be going to the Terminus Festival in Calgary and M'era Luna in GERMANY!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!

Do you enjoy going to music festivals? Which ones have you been to?

11 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I have really enjoyed seeing your outfits from the festival. Great looks! I love that each was themed around a color. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.P.O.C.K. sound like a really fun group!
    I've never been to a music festival before, even when I lived back in Calgary! I never had anyone to go with, but they do look like a lot of fun.
    I'm very jealous of the fact you're visiting Germany; I dream of that almost regularly. I hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "but they just had a couple of girls waving their arms around and such." <-- this cracked me up, possibly more than it was meant to.

    I like this particular outfit a lot. I also had never heard of La Vie En Rose and am a little sad now that they don't ship out of Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning as always, my dear! Love the dress, makeup, and hair flower you made! :D

    I prefer seeing my favorite bands individually over music festivals, but I've had fun at festivals. We have a few of them where I live, and they're pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dress, meaning corset and skirt- it looks so seamless together <3

      Delete
  5. I LOVE that corset - the inset is so cool. So very cool. I also really like the red glittery eyeliner - it's so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boyfriend would be quite jealous that you saw Blutengel. I wish stuff like this went on closer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing red look! You looked incredible as always. I've got the Soundwave Festival coming up in a couple of weeks, which I'm looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is one of my favourites looks :). The underbust is fantastic, and your makeup is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the look! The necklace is fabulous. Have you ever tried mac beauty marked eyeshadow? a black base with reddish shimmer. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glazzio
    :-very nice information, we are glad to read this news or post,

    ReplyDelete