A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Date Look *GAG*

So yeah, I guess it's Valentine's Day. I can never decide what to post so I am using Valentine's Day as and excuse to post a look I would wear to go out to a fancy restaurant. I usually tone my makeup down for this sort of occasion somewhat such that I do not get kicked out of said restaurant. One of my favourite lipsticks to wear with this sort of makeup is MAC New York Apple. It is a really pretty, frosty red that isn't IN YOUR FACE SEXY BOLD RED but rather a kind of a more toned-down classy red, in my opinion. If you're going to get all sappy and sh*t for Valentine's Day, I would recommend cracking out this shade if you have it!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics blush in Last Day on Earth.

LIPS: MAC New York Apple.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: From UD Naked2: YDK, Suspect, Snakebite, and Busted.
Eyeliner: Mabyelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, Signature Series Truth or Dare Duo Eye Pencil.
Mascara: Lise Watier 24 Hours Glam.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES



THE LIPS


THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Dress: Le Chateau
Cuff: Le Chateau
Purse: Gift from husband
Shoes: Spring

NOTE: I am wearing open-toed shoes with no toenail polish for some reason. My mother would kill me!!! (I didn't even bother to paint the three that are showing because I'm a busy girl on the go! A big thanks to Cassykins for bringing Willam's Beatdown to my attention!)

Alright, that's enough of the "proper" looks around here for awhile. For some reason, the whole V-Day type of thing makes me think of lace and stockings and corsets and the like........all those sorts of things that are involved in burlesque/cabaret goth style. Stay tuned for some burlesque/cabaret goth looks!

6 comments:

  1. Haha, Willam would not be proud. But you still look hot so it can slide. Happy Heartentines to you and your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorg, I love the simple eye look...your outfit is just slamming...I love that dress, so sexy and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot mama! That lipstick is gorgeous on you, and I always love seeing what other bloggers do with the Naked palette; it's so versatile! I didn't do anything special with my makeup for Valentine's Day... I just had work and then (drumroll please) got dinner with a friend while my boyfriend went to bed early. SO ROMANTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always crack me up. That dress is killer, and I love MAC NY Apple on you. I keep thinking of that shade every time I think of getting something new, but man, I do not need more reds.

    And omg, I would love to see some cabaret/burlesque things. We saw a Nutcracker burlesque during the holidays and it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look awesome in that dress. And NY Apple is lovely, I keep meaning to pick it up but never get round to it.

    ReplyDelete