A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chartreuse

Over the last few months, I have been seeing a lot of chartreuse in clothing stores and I think it is such a fresh colour! Unfortunately, it is not particularly flattering on me so I skipped some of the cute clothes I saw and decided to try out a chartreuse makeup look with my Inglot shadows. The colour itself does not go that well with my skin tone but I thought the look was kind of neat as I don't usually use this sort of colour. My camera picked up the green tones as much more yellow and even after I adjusted the photos they still lean towards yellow. This look was a lot more green-toned in real life. I shopped my stash and found a good old friend: MAC Lustreglass in Spring Bean. I have had this for ages and bought it because it looks green in the tube. In fact, it is very wearable and is excellent for spring!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

LIPS: MAC Lustreglass in Spring Bean.

CHEEKS: Sobe Botanicals Duochrome Blush in Nouveau.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: Inglot Matte 343, AMC 59, Matte 353, Matte 349, and Matte 342, with MPZ Vanity in the inner corner (with Lise Watier Metamorfix).
Eyeliners: UD Uzi and Perversion, Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Mascara: Rimmel Scandaleyes (terrible!!)

THE EQUIPMENT


Inglot Palette


THE LIPS


THE EYES






THE LOOK

Good lord, this is the best picture I got???????? 
Ah, chartreuse and grey. I would really like to make a chartreuse and grey outfit or something. What do you think of chartreuse, would you wear it?

13 comments:

  1. So pretty! That is how I have been feeling about mustard yellow... I want to wear it but think it looks terrible with my coloring. My way around it was to get mustard tights, this way I didn't have to see the color against my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I love different colors like this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chartreuse and cobalt blue are a great combination. I can't really do chartreuse on my face either so I do it on my nails. It's such a nice spring color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I have a chartreuse eyeshadow by NARS, Mangrove; it's a little more muted, less neon, but I love it. I like pairing it with Urban Decay Sin as a highlight and MUFE Aqua Cream in No.2 (warm grey). I think it's really fresh-looking! It looks very nice on you, you wear this color well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like chartreuse eye shadow, even though I don't like it so much in clothing...except for a scarf my mum sent! I think it does go really well with gray as you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm usually so hesitant to wear green on my eyes, but chartreuse seems a lot more approachable. You've totally sold it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chartreuse definitely looks good on you! I have a new found love for the colour after dyeing my hair copper red, though I've found it really hard to find clothes that are the perfect chartreuse shade, apart from a scarf and a pair of gloves! Hopefully now shops are starting to get in more Summer-y stock I'll be able to find a nice dress in that colour! Also I recently got some Detrivore eyeshadows, and Slimy is the PERFECT chartreuse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like chartreuse! I have a chartreuse dress that I don't wear very often...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow the eyeshadows are a perfect match with your eyecolor ! Wish we had Inglot in Belgium ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chartreuse looks like baby vomit on me so I'm impressed to see someone who can pull it off - it looks fantastic! It really brings out your eye colour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, that eyeshadow makes your eyes look insanely gorgeous!

    Love the colour, but I'd never wear it, maybe a chartreuse lipstick would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look the bestest!!!

    ReplyDelete