A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sparkling Spring Green

So it seems that green is the colour of the moment (and I guess it's St. Patrick's Day if you celebrate that sort of thing). Green is one colour that I don't really use too often in the way of makeup so I dredged up an old look that I never bothered to post that has some green in it. It is a spring-y kind of look which I am not really feeling as I live on the Canadian prairies where it snows until bloody well June. I have been trying to shop my stash more lately and this look reminds me of two things that I will be cracking out if spring ever arrives: Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral and MAC Lipgelee in Budding Beauty.  You can't go wrong with Budding Beauty; it's a nice fresh colour that goes with everything!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral.

LIPS: MAC Lipgelee in Budding Beauty.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.
Eyeshadows: Persephone Minerals Jupiter Oak Evolution (over PE), Sugarpill Junebug, and MAC Teal Pigment, matte bone shade from Wet n Wild Lust palette.
Eyeliners: UD Perversion, UD Junkie, Maybelline Black Liquid Liner.
Mascara: Maybelline Illegal Length.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES


THE LOOK



Yeah, so still not feeling very spring-y over here. It just snowed about 40-50 cm this weekend. Here's what my backyard currently looks like: (enjoy my brilliant photography, I took this picture through the window with the screen, FAIL!)


DEAR SNOW, 

I don't mind you most of the time, but 6 months of winter is a little too much for me. Please feel free to f**k off. KTHNX.

How's the weather where you live?

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes I look at all the pictures and then go back to read. So for a hot second I thought your back yard was a chicken coop because of the mesh. And then I was worried for your chickens because they were covered in all that snow. Thank goodness I just made all that up, though.

    You look nice in green, but I totally am with you on it not being a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is so pretty on you!! I'm also a big fan of the dream bouncy blush... the strangest texture ever but they apply so well.... we are expecting some snow this evening here in upstate NY... it never ends :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow, cold, snow, cold. Yesterday I felt like I was driving through a blizzard. DAMN YOU BUFFALO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *jumps in your backyard* No snow here, but rain, rain, rain. Blurgh. I love this look, that gloss is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eyeliner is just so perfect. I hate snow too. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You probably won't end up believing it anyway, but I'll echo one of the comments; green looks great on you!

    Heh, one of the pluses of the area I now live in is that the snowy months were all but two months out of the year and we only had one snow fall that was over 10 cm LOL. I don't miss the weather in Canada, but I miss everything else =P
    It's hot here, even hotter in the valley; it's currently 22C, and teetering around 28 to 30C in the valley lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that only up until May is it any good-- then it gets far too hot for my liking! I went from living in the endless winter, to scorching hot summers! You burn yourself on every damn thing left out in the sun =/

      Delete
  7. I love pairing green with a big of coral/peach on cheeks and lips! It looks great on you :)

    And holy cow, that is a lot of snow. It's finally starting to warm up a little bit over here, but it never gets that cold (or snowy) anyway. Still, winter does seem like it's been going on forever, this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah , i now how you must feel about the weather ... slowly it's getting better overhere in Belgium . We had major snowfall last week , but it's all melted by now ! (thank you sun ! )
    And of course i like the look !! Love greens !

    ReplyDelete