A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Club Look: Matte vs. Shiny

A few months ago, I went to a special alternative event where everyone got all dressed up for the evening. The dress code was such that people could be a bit risque in their attire if they wanted to. My outfit was going to be super shiny so I decided to play around with some contrasting textures in my makeup. I went for matte eyeshadow with shiny eyeliner and lips. I wanted to keep the look neutral but added a bit of drama with some thick false lashes. I added a bit of teal eyeliner to match the only bit of colour in my outfit.......black pasties with teal trim. I was looking for plain black ones but ended up ordering the teal ones instead just for fun!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

LIPS: NYX Black Cherry Lipstick, Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Flash in 982 Black Tie Plum, NYX Deep Purple Lipliner.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Sobe Botanicals DuoChrome Blush in Nouveau.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: Annabelle Vanilla Chilla, Buff Naked, Foxy, and Ebony, shadows from the WnW Lust palette, and Sugarpill Darling (used as liner on the bottom lashline).
Eyeliners: UD Perversion, Lime Crime Uniliner in Quill (IT'S SHINY!)
Mascara: Lancome Hypnose Star.
False Lashes: Ardell Fashion Lashes 136 Black.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES




THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT

As I mentioned above, this event allowed people to dress in some risque attire. Thus, since I don't think anyone wants to see any more of me than they really need to, I shall describe my outfit rather than post a picture. I wore a long mermaid-style black latex skirt from Ego Assassin with a black halter style top with transparent panels also from Ego Assassin. Under the top, I wore teal and black pasties from PlastiKat and long black latex gloves from Polymorphe. For shoes, I went with my Jeffrey Campbell Night Nails. The synth dreads were made by me.

How was your weekend?


5 comments:

  1. Your outfit sounds hot and your face pic looks good enough to leave the rest for imagination... ;) I especially like the glossy eyeliner and the matte eyeshadow. Need to try that for myself one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the curved flick, sexy matte and teal pop with those fine long lashes! Your outfit sounds amazing, I'd love to wear a sheer top with a sexy bra underneath for something special if it allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual your makeup looks awesome ;)
    I love the colored lower lashline , nice contrast with the liner and neutral shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that sounds like a really brave outfit!!!

    And the teal part in the look was great but you least of all should have gone for some more lashes!! I know you can wear them like no one else!!! Still very classy but too much lashes is never wrong, right??! ;)
    /Azure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove that lip color! Gorgeous as usual!:)

    ReplyDelete