A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Flash

I am not a huge Dior fan when it comes to makeup but awhile ago one of their Addict Ultra Glosses caught my eye. I decided to try 982 Black Tie Plum in the Flash finish. This product reminded me again why I am not the hugest Dior fan. While the texture, consistency, and pigmentation are nice, it feathers and bleeds very badly and wear time is quite poor. Lip liner does not really even seem to help. I personally feel that the gloss should have better wear time since it is so pricey. I have the exact same problem with their eyeshadows. A long time ago I had really wanted one of their much-hyped 5 colour palettes and while the texture and pigmentation of them are nice, they creased on me! ARGH. Anyway, I think that the lighter shades in this line of gloss would be pretty nice as bleeding and feathering are not as big of a deal with sheerer, lighter shades.

PACKAGING



SWATCH


Damn, it is a nice colour despite its horrid bleeding-ness.

Have you tried any of these? Did you like them?

5 comments:

  1. I have only ever tried the lighter colors, and I don't notice any bleeding with them, so you're probably right about that. I like these mostly because I find them moisturizing! They're comfortable to wear and the lighter colors make great everyday shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. I love wearing bold colours like that, shame about the bleeding though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goegeous colour, shame about the wear time. It really irks me when high end products aren't worth the price or hype.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also find a lot of high end brands have the BEST packaging, but the WORST quality especially for the amount paid. I bought a few Lancome clam shells that were LE but no payoff at all! I made a quick partial post if you want to see it (unfortunately I haven't made a full post & swatch): http://gardenofshadowsstore.blogspot.com/2013/01/2012-worst-in-beauty-year-in-retrospect.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a HUGE fan of this lipgloss but haven't had too many shades,the darker ones I wouldn't pack on much and dab off excess because of the thick glossy consistency yes they do bleed!

    ReplyDelete