A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, April 8, 2013

Fun with Colourful Eyeliner!

Being that I am a brown-eyed girl with black hair, I sometimes feel very washed out in my work makeup. Since I prefer a heavy-handed approach to makeup, I have had to restrict myself to mostly neutral shades for work such that I don't overdo things by accident. When you deal with the public, it is difficult enough but when you don't look approachable it is even harder! Anyway, I had recently bought a couple of new eyeliners and had been shopping my stash of pencil liners (I usually prefer liquid liner for work as it lasts longer on me). I believe I have found  a way to add some colour to my face without looking completely over the top. I have been using matte neutral eyeshadows and adding a few different colours of eyeliner. I think this is wearable for work or daytime looks and perfect for spring and summer!

I recently got Covet (24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil) from Urban Decay and MAC Chromaline in Rich Purple.


I usually have trouble with cream liners but once this sets, it is completely smudgeproof. It's an excellent product in my opinion!

MAC Pearlglide  pencil in Rave (from my stash!) and Rich Purple Chromaline.
UD Mildew, Covet, and Junkie.
Covet is similar to Junkie but it  is more green-toned and it is metallic rather than sparkly
FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: MAC Blush in Coygirl.

LIPS: Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Shangri-La.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: From the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette: In The Buff, Fuzzy Handcuffs, and Garter Belt.
Eyeliners: UD 24/7 pencils in Covet, Electric and Perversion, MAC Chromaline in Rich Purple, and Geisha Ink (Black).
Mascara: Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara.



 THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES

Excuse the peeling skin around my eyebrows, my skin has been giving me more grief than usual lately.


THE LOOK



What are some of your favourite coloured eyeliners?

13 comments:

  1. I love the purple! And you got such a great wing with it. I have such issues winging out cream/gel liners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple wing!! My favorite colorful liners are UD's 24/7 pencils!! I have a little stash. I wish the new box set wasn't so expensive! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn girl that purple looks gorgeous on you ! Covet is one of my favorite green liners from UD and i agree with Beauty Ninja ... i so want that UD pencil box , but it's not for my budget :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the moment I own a single, solitary grey/silver liner! I used up my black and brown pencil liners and can't justify buying any other colours when I have *SO* much eyeshadow, hahaha.

    That purple looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this look, colourful and cute, but still worksafe. I really, really want some more UD liners they are so good. Oh and I find the way you winged out the cream liner impressive I can never seem to get my gel/cream liners that precise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous look! I had the MAC fluidline in black recommend by a makeup artist that I worked with and it did not stay in place at all, she told me it was the best gel liner she's used. ARGH! Glad the chromoline works great for you, perhaps I'll give it a try =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Stunning colored eyes. I would not have thought of combining the blue with the purple. It really makes the eyes pop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love adding colored liner to an otherwise "work safe" look, too. Sephora makes some nice colored liquid liners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love MAC's Pearlglide in Undercurrent and UD Junkie is my love too. Those are both shimmering teals and I adore that color. I also really like UD's Mushroom. It's taupe and rather neutral, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow that purple looks amazing! I really like red, yellow and pink eyeliners, they make my blue eyes pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is gorgeous -- I'm such a fan of bright eyeliners!! My faves are Lime Crime uniliners :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love this. If I wear a coloured liner, I only ever wear one colour at a time. I may have to change that seeing how awesome this looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Very cute. I have to use more eyeliner, besides black ;).

    ReplyDelete