A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, April 5, 2013

Sparkly Purple Worksafe Look

I had mentioned in my previous post that I had some difficulty building up the colours from the NARS Marie-Galante duo. I decided to use this unfortunate fact to my advantage and start using it for springtime work looks. Though I didn't intend for this to be "work makeup" when I bought it, the shadows go on quite sheer if you don't work at it and this is perfect for a subtle bit of colour and sparkle that's not too much for work. I also used my new Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette which is AWESOME! To complete the look, I shopped my stash for some old favourites: a BUXOM gloss, a MUFE Aqua Liner, and a MAC Blush from Quite Cute.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: MAC Mineralize Blush in Sakura.

LIPS: BUXOM Big and Healthy Lip Cream in White Russian.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: From Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette: In The Buff and Birthday Suit, lighter purple shade from the NARS Marie-Galante duo.
Eyeliner: MUFE Aqua Liner #7, UD Asphyxia.
Mascara: Lancome Hypnose Star.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES

Even though this eyeshadow goes on rather sheer, it has great blue and purple sparkles! The MUFE Aqua Liner is sparkly as well!
THE LOOK

Please excuse my hair. I am growing it out so I am kind of "between haircuts" right now and it looks a bit awkward.
WOW, I look like I could use a coffee! Any other ladies out there who can't work without their coffee?

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I love how gorgeous & sparkly this look is. Not usually a fan of sheer eyeshadows, but this look is really beautiful.

    Oh and I hear you on being in between haircuts, I was growing my hair out recently and I was so annoyed with the in between stage I cut it back again. I think I am doomed to mid length hair at longest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the coffee. I didn't start drinking it until I met Matt. Now I need it in my system at all times.

    It sucks that the NARS palette doesn't work like it -should-, but it does still look nice on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can barely breathe without coffee....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on coffee, too. Or at least Earl Grey, or something. Gah. I'm even a morning person, but I sort of need that kick-start to the day.

    I like this look! And my hair is at an in-between stage, too - it's driving me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sparkles in both the shadows and liner! I actually can't stand coffee or tea so I never get the joy of a caffeine kick in the morning :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not used to such soft looks on you , but i love it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really soft and pretty. You're so versatile in what looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete