A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, April 29, 2013

Worksafe Monday: Naked Neutrals and Spring Pinks

Hello everyone, it's Worksafe Monday! (***slow claps***) Even though it is almost May, there seems to be a blizzard going on where I live. SUPER! When spring arrives (which it never apparently does here), I like to add a bit of pink to my boring neutral work looks when I need to look a bit more awake than I actually am. I think I read in Bobbi Brown book that if you feel like sh*t you're supposed to put on pink lips and blush and you will look much better or something. Take a peek at the look below to see if this actually works....

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Silk Naturals Sheer Blush in Cosmic.

LIPS: Too Faced Mood Swing Lip Gloss in Petal Pink.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows: From the UD NAKED2 palette: Suspect, Pistol, Verve, Blackout, Foxy.
Eyeliners: UD Perversion, Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner, Truth or Dare Eye Definition Duo Pencil.
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies.

THE EQUIPMENT



SLEEPY EYE


THE LIPS


DO I LOOK AWAKE YET?


Hard to tell if that pink is perking me up because I always have a weird look on my face in pictures for some reason. Or, maybe I just look like that all the time......

Do you have any makeup tricks that you pull out when you look half awake or like sh*t in the mornings?


4 comments:

  1. In the morning I am lucky to remember to put mascara on both eyes. You, my dear, are a professional ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only agree with Cassykins, you put so much effort in your makeup in the morning, it is amazing! And although spring is not around the corner in Canada, you definetively look spring-y to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blush you've used here, you do look lovely & awake.

    When I am half asleep I tend to not bother with make-up then regret it later in the afternoon when I catch a look at myself in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look very fresh-faced and totally awake. I should try this pink blush/lips thing.

    ReplyDelete