A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Screwing Around with Bright Colours

Sometimes, when I have a day off, I like to pull out some of my brighter items of makeup and just mess around with them for fun. I usually end up looking a bit insane in the end but at least I am at home so no one sees me but my cats! This look was done using mostly Sugarpill stuff. 

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: NARS blush in Desire.

LIPS: Fyrinnae Visual Kei and Morgana Cryptoria Brilliant Lime Lipstick with Venomous Cosmetics Lip Poison in Oxygen Deprivation on top because I felt like throwin' on some green lips on a Tuesday afternoon.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, NYX JEP in Milk.
Shadows: Sugarpill pressed: Acidberry, Midori, Bulletproof, Dollipop. Sugarpill Chromalusts: Absinthe, Tipsy, Decora.
Liners: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, UD Woodstock and Perversion. 
Mascara: Smashbox Full Exposure.

THE EQUIPMENT



THE LIPS
(I tried two different colours)



THE EYES



THE LOOK

Excuse my messy hair!
NOT SO SURE HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE GREEN LIPSTICK

Not sure why I can't just make a normal face in pictures........
Good times. Do you ever do your makeup just because you're bored rather than because you have somewhere to go?

7 comments:

  1. I do the same thing! I try out my dramatic looks (or new stuff that I'm not sure how to use, etc.) on the weekends when I don't have to go anywhere. I love the brightness of those Sugarpill eye shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green lips. I often play around with make-up especially looks I'm not 100% confident with when I'm not leaving the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do makeup out of boredom a lot. It's nice knowing I don't have to have a presentable result. I bet your cats enjoyed this look a lot, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun!! I used to just play with my makeup all the time in my time off, that's when I did my brightest and loudest looks. But now, with taking care of my mom with cancer, I just don't have the mojo anymore. I'll have to live vicariously through you for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do my most crazy looks when i have a day off or in my vacations :) I like to play around with makeup in my spare time :) I love this bright look on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors in this look! I also love to just play around with crazy colors on the weekend, when I'm done I can go and scare the crap out of my fiancé =)

    ReplyDelete