A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, June 21, 2013

Failboat Fridays: The Curse of Torn Fishnets

ALLLL ABOARD THE FAIL BOAT!



Whilst looking through my makeup pictures, I noticed that I have a lot of old stuff that I didn't post because I screwed something up royally. Either the pictures didn't turn out, I looked like more of an idiot than usual in them, or I had a good idea for a makeup look but it just didn't work out. I have decided to let some of these see the light of day on my blog on good old Fridays. I don't take makeup too seriously so I think it's fun to have a sense of humour about these things!

Welcome to another edition of Failboat Fridays! Today, I am going to talk about Torn Fishnets. Torn Fishnets is an eyeshadow colour from Silk Naturals and it is just GORGEOUS. It is a silvery golden black yet kind of taupeish shade (worst description ever, sorry) but seriously, it's pretty! However, almost every time I use it, I make a huge mess of my makeup or my pictures don't turn out or something. It is so pretty it's idiot-proof but I just can't seem to do it justice! ARGH! Anyway, here are two looks that pretty much sucked.

1. FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15.
CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics blush in Last Day on Earth (made by me).
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
LIPS: NARS Daredevil.
EYES: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, MUFE Aqua Liners #14 and #15, Coastal Scents Magnetic, Silk Naturals Torn Fishnets, Sugarpill Bulletproof, Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner, UD Perversion, Tokidoki Diamante eyeliner, Maybelline Illegal Lengths Mascara, Ardell Bat Those Lashes 114 Black.

JEEZ. You'd think from everything I put on my eyes it would look awesome. It just looked like a giant silvery mess almost all the way up to my eyebrows Mimi-style (at least it wasn't bright blue I guess). What a grand waste of time. Also, Daredevil either looks terrible on me or with the other makeup colours I'm wearing.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE LOOK

Yikes.
AT LEAST I LIKED MY OUTFIT

Dreads: By me. Headband and Shirt: Le Chateau
Underbust Corset: Deadly Couture. Skirt: Powerline
Tights: Ebay. Boots: Demonia.
Shot Glass: Is neon green with "Hot Mess" written on it in bright pink. How appropriate.

2.  FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15.CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics blush in Last Day on Earth (made by me).
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
LIPS: Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Adora, Hourglass Siren.
EYES: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, MUFE Aqua Liner #15, Silk Naturals Torn Fishnets, Sugarpill Bulletproof, Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner, UD Perversion, Armani Eyes to Kill #2 Lust Red,  Maybelline Illegal Lengths Mascara, Faux X Dev lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT


AT LEAST I LIKED MY LIPS


I'm glad I put ALL of that on my eyes becaue it looks like I took one silvery grey shade, slapped it on, and forgot to blend. Super. Also, could I pluck my eyebrows every now and again? JEEEZ.


WTF was going on with my outfit?????
NONE OF THESE THINGS GO TOGETHER, ARGH!

Dreads and hair flower: By me.
Collar: gift from friend.
Dress:
Corset: I can't remember.
Boots: Demonia
Cuffs: Lipservice.
Fishnets: From the bottom of one of my drawers somewhere.

What can I say? You win some, you lose some. As I have said before, clothes and makeup come off at the end of the day (thankfully!) such that we might try again to make better styles and looks.

Had any makeup or outfit fails lately?

6 comments:

  1. I think it's just the different colors, but your text is all popping out at me and 3D-ish right now. I can't even take it. It's like I'm on the drugs, but really I just got back from a nice dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Fun post. Everybody fails sometimes and I appreciate your posting it for the world to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really brave to show your fails here, although I don't find them half as bad as you do! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nars Daredevil on you and the fake lashes in the second look. I love when blogs aren't 100% perfect looks its more realistic and relateable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you don't take yourself too seriously! It's just makeup, people really need to lighten the F up! Anywho, I'm really digging those studded lashes in the second look. HAWT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be so hard on yourseld, numpty, you look great! I love love the studded lashes and that you put them on with the tartan dress. And I think the NARS lippie looks awesome on you.

    ReplyDelete