A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Marilyn Manson

Earlier this year (in February) I went to see Marilyn Manson. I never got to see him live when I was younger and more into the whole MM thing (though Mechanical Animals is still one of my favourite albums) so I felt the need to go. Unfortunately, his performance was a bit disappointing as he was sick (or dealing with other "issues"). It would have been awesome to see him back in 2002 on the God, Guns, and Government tour. I have the DVD of this and the live show used to be AWESOME. The live show was still pretty decent with lots of visual effects and costume changes, etc. but good old Mr. Manson just doesn't seem to be all that with it any more. I was happy to see Twiggy Ramirez as part of the live band as he is the namesake of my tiny, polydactyl, female cat. As usual, I used this occasion as an opportunity to wear obnoxious makeup and take pictures of it.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15, Tarte Amazoninan Clay Finishing Powder.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine.

LIPS: MAC Lipstick in Strong Woman.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Sugarpill Midori, 2AM, and Bulletproof; Inglot AMC 58 and 74.
Eyeliners: UD Woodstock, Graffiti, and Perversion. Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Liner in Violet Venus, Maybelline Black Liquid Liner.
Mascara: Lancome Hypnose Star.
False Lashes: Ardell Double up 203 Black.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES




THE LOOK


HAIR


This was when my hair was still growing out of its short haircut and looking a bit awkward so I wasn't sure what to do with it. I was going through my hair-related things and found these lovely clip-in extensions that my friend hand-dyed for me. I decided to crimp and back-comb my hair and add a bit of colour. I ended up doing my makeup in a similar colour theme! I don't know why but I really love crimped hair.

THE OUTFIT


Hair extensions: Hand-dyed by my friend.
Collar: Gift from friend.
Dress: Switchblade Stiletto (Saw it hangin' on the clearance rack for $30 (1/2 price)........AND IT FIT PERFECTLY!)
Belt: Semi-diy...added rings to an old studded belt.
Armwarmers: DIY made from an old shirt.
Boots: New Rock.

OPENING BAND: THE BUTCHER BABIES



MANSON






TWIGGY RAMIREZ





MY CAT TWIGGY RAMIREZ

Can't you see the resemblance??!?!?
After the concert, we went out to the club. It was a pretty fun night overall! I had been sick for like, WEEKS leading up to this, it was nice to get out of the house for something other than work for once!

Seen any good concerts lately? 
I'm looking forward to NIN this November!


9 comments:

  1. The resemblance is definitely there! Uncanny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha. I got to the cat and died. Twinsies for sure. I love love love the crimping in your hair. Usually I am fully against crimped hair, but it really works on you. Maybe it has to do with your outfit style vs. my own but I think it looks great like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually saw Manson 2002 on the tour and was underwhelmed. The music and show was good, but he came 1 hour late and refused to play a second longer. And also the sexually explicit stuff he did on the stage looked rather forced and not even Manson seemed to enjoy it... I like him better on CD! ^^

    But your outfit and make up looked great, I'd love to have black hair again so I can wear neon coloured clip ins without destroying my eyesight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look incredible! As soon as I saw a photo of those Sugarpill palettes I knew it was going to be awesome. Love that it all matches the hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daww, sorry Manson's performance was disappointing. I adore that guy. And Twiggy is just so charming. Both the person and your cat, of course <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw him back in October with Rob Zombie and he was better than I expected but didn't come any where close to what he used to do. I never got to see him when he was really good because my parents haaaaaaaaaated him. My boyfriend, however, did and likes to brag about how awesome and crazy it was. At least Rob Zombie was amazing and made it totally worth spending the day outside in NYC freezing my ass off. Looks like your opening act was better than what I had to sit through- some lame nobody DJ that made music that sounded like putting metal in a blender. I legit had to plug my ears!

    LOVE the dress btw.

    ReplyDelete