A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Neon and Neutral

One of the recent trends that I have enjoyed is the neon and nude/neutral thing. I really love neon but a person can easily overdo this; when a neon is paired with a neutral shade it can look a lot more wearable. I have also been enjoying the neon accessories that have been available lately. This look is from last year, but I still like to wear variations on this particular theme when I go out.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: NARS Desire.

LIPS: Lime Crime Centrifuschia (I tried this with MAC Candy Yum Yum but that colour just does NOT work on me, dammit!)

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Inglot Matte 342, 349, and 353, Stargazer Florescent Pressed Powder in Lemon Yellow, Kryolan UV Yellow Aquacolour.
Liners: Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner, possibly UD Stray Dog.
Mascara: Jane Cosmetics UV Fluorescent Mascara, Lise Watier 24 Hours Glam.
Lashes: Ardell Accents 305 Black.

THE EQUIPMENT

I have since had to throw out my good old faithful Kryolan UV Aquacolour palette as it had gone off, unfortunately :(
THE LIPS


THE EYES



THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Dress: American Apparel
Belt and Bracelet: Le Chateau
Tights: Ebay
Shoes and Bag: Aldo

Do you like neons? What do you think of the whole neon and nude/neutral thing?

11 comments:

  1. I love that your shoes match the liner! It's a very wearable neon look. Love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never had imagined neon looked so good with black! I love the way your shoes match your eyeliner! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOOAAAA that looks awesome!!! i freaking love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You look awesome! I am loving the makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the neon accessories that have been available lately, too. They had a nice fun kick of color to otherwise neutral outfits, definitely. Those shoes are seriously hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot, hot, HOT! (As usual). I adore the double liner look but I've never tried it myself, I'm always afraid I'll end up making a horrible mess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love EVERYTHING about this look!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that neon eyeliner, and it gets even better when it also matches your shoes! I haven't used much neon myself but if I do it's usually a neon nail polish or accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog! You are very skilled at selecting and combining colors, and your wardrobe is enviable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME ! I like the colored liner here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never think to do flourescent yellow eyeliner- it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete