A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Stained Gloss

 I just couldn't resist this little guy last time I was in Sephora:
 
 
OCC STAINED GLOSS IN ANDROGYNE

I have never been a huge fan of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics lip tars (blasphemy, I know) despite their popularity. I have one and I find that it bleeds and feathers horribly and is very tricky to apply properly. However, I was VERY attracted to the colours of their Stained Glosses (there is also a bright yellow one but I restrained myself) and figured that they might be a bit more forgiving since they are somewhat sheer. When you squeeze the gloss out, it looks like FABRIC PAINT (did you ever use that stuff when you were a child?) It does migrate and bleed somewhat as you can see in my swatch photo. It IS definitely more forgiving and less feather-y than the Lip Tars, however. I enjoy how the neon orange gloss looks so frightening in the tube but ends up being quite wearable. I also like the cute little zip packaging with the mini lip brush.
 
THE SWATCHES

 
LIP SWATCH

 
My lip swatch looks rather patchy, but I have definitely applied it better than this (this photo was taken when my mouth was frozen after going to the dentist...it's hard to put on lip gloss when you can't feel your lips!)
 
ONE MORE THING: IT IS UV-REACTIVE!!!
 
 
 
Anyone else have any of these? Link to your swatches if you do!

4 comments:

  1. This is pretty on you! I am one of those Lip Tar fanatics (I have a good 2/3 of the more opaque colors) but the stains for some reason haven't called to me yet. Perhaps if I were to inhabit more UV light filled areas I would change my mind because the glow is fantabulous. Yes, I just said fantabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that freaking awesome! I would love a pink thats UV reactive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have half a million lip tars....but i don't use them because they're quite a hassle to put on, touch up, and remove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that is way cool. Do they work over a colorless lip liner?

    ReplyDelete