A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cold Chemistry

Hello! Here is a look for a (goth) night out using the Sugarpill Cold Chemistry palette. I was going for a look similar to but more subtle than what is shown on the packaging: purple all over the lid and white in the middle of the lid. I should have applied the white shade first because applying it over the purple colour made the effect barely noticeable. A couple of weeks after I did this, I came across this look on Sparkling Luna's blog and I was like, "Now THAT'S what I was going for!!" She has some serious eyeshadow skills! I think if I tried this again I would use a white base and apply the white shade first, then blend the purple shadow around it. 
 
FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
 
BROWS: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
 
CHEEKS: My Pretty Zombie Drugs Like Me Blush in LSD.
 
LIPS: Illamasqua Kontrol with Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Pierced over top.
 
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Elemental Chaos, Soot & Stars, Diamond Eyes, and Subterranean.
Liners: UD Junkie and Psychedelic Sister, Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Eyeliner in Purple Zone.
Mascara: Lancôme Hypnose Star.
False Lashes: Sephora Paparazzi.
 
 
THE EQUIPMENT

 
THE LIPS
 

THE EYES


THE LOOK
 
 
SUPER COOL NECKLACE
 

GRATUITIOUSLY EDITED PICTURE TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE REALLY PALE SKIN
 
 
Cyberlox: Made by me.
Goggles: I Kick Shins.
Necklace: Dominic Elvin Design.
Bracelet: Le Chateau.
Dress: Cyberdog.
Waist Cincher: Deadly Couture.
Stockings: DANE UK.
Boots: Demonia.
 
When I was bored, I did a quick google search to see what others had been doing with the Cold Chemistry palette. I found things such as this. WOW! I really need to practice my makeup skillz more, I wish I could do awesome things like that!

9 comments:

  1. I love the lipstick :D. I recently buyed a similar color from Revlon, I can´t wait for using it.

    Your waist cincher is also fantastic, you can wear it with so many different looks :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if it didn't come out exact, it's still pretty nice. I think your darker version lends itself to your outfit anyway :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is amazing, I should do a more cyber look next time I go out! The necklace truely is great, it plays of the pattern of your stockings so nicely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that necklace is gorgeous! I have almost no statement necklaces but now really want a few!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that i've inspired you ! It looks fabulous and damn... those boots are AWESOME !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That necklace is so cool! I love the colour scheme and how you did your brows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous look, even if it's not quite what you had in mind. Love the purple lips too. I'm a sucker for anything purple. Sparkling Luna is amazing!

    ReplyDelete